“Extremely Poor”
Review of Suncoast Towers

Suncoast Towers
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Durban
Reviewed 1 week ago

I have never in my life had such a bad experience staying with ANY hotel/self-catering/B&B/Guesthouse etc. We booked a package which included D, B&B and paid in total for the whole experience around R5,400.00. (one night’s accommodation, dinner, breakfast)
Upon arrival the receptionist told us that the dinner arrangements will all be explained to us when we go and have dinner the evening, as I wasn’t aware that dinner was included. Once we had dinner nothing was explained to us regarding the package we booked and what was included, and we asked upon finishing dinner if it would be fine if we settle the difference on our dinner bill the following morning upon checkout. It was confirmed, and we signed the receipt for our dinner with drinks that we had. We went to bed early because we had a long day and around 21h15 the restaurant at the hotel called us awake (both my husband and I were already asleep) asking us to settle our dinner bill in full as there was miss communication between the reception staff and the restaurant. We once again asked if we could settle the following morning and again it was confirmed that it is not a problem and we can do that. It was about 10 minutes after the phone call there was a knock at our room’s door, which was constant as the person gave no pauses in between for us to just properly wake up, get dressed and see who is at the door. To our surprise it was the waitress whom served us at the restaurant, and she requested we settle the difference on our dinner bill immediately (she was standing at our door with a credit card machine!) as she could not finish her shift without the payment, the reception area gave her this direct instruction to carry out.
My husband settled the dinner bill then and there in full (we owed no monies neither on accommodation, drinks, transport, food and tourism levies) and the waitress left. I was extremely upset and angry, got dressed and went to the restaurant to speak to the manager. I explained to him that in no way it was acceptable that they treat clients like this. We left the restaurant area and went to the reception area after which I also requested to see the manager on duty. In between the disagreement that me and the manageress were having another client whom was having drinks at the bar close to the restaurant came and interfered in the discussion. Upon her arrival she and the manageress looked at each other and smiled, I’m not sure what about as I was really upset and frustr

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Average hotel witn the proper facility and location wise too good not much distance from the beach area lovely city view from the hotel food was very nice i can recommended this resort to other traveler my experiance was good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not the best hotel I ever been but location is very nice on the beach walk and perfect for joggers in early morning easy access . And it’s next to Havana Cafe where you can eat a delicious dinner. Walking distance .

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall I was impressed with the setup of the hotel, beautiful. The stuff was welcoming and the room was big and tidy. The food, breakfast and dinner was quite enjoyable (delicious ) Excellent hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a wonderful time at this establishment and the service from the staff was of high standard. The room was cleaned properly. Thanks for the team that took care of my bicycle and made sure it was stored safely.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo