Review Highlights
Outstanding Overnight Safari

My two friends and I went on an overnight tour with Paul and we had an incredible time. He has so... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2018
kathrynpC4267IX
via mobile
Another outstandling visit

My group travelled with Mzansi back in May-June 2017 but I am just now getting around to posting a... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2017
carl941
Indiana, Pennsylvania

All reviews southern africa his knowledge day trip paul dusk swaziland kruger johannesburg lion bush itinerary lucia wildlife information
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My friends and i went on a 2 day tour with Paul and his knowledge and enthusiasm were infectious. He went out of his way to give us a brilliant experience and i cant reccomend him enough. Well done to him for a fabulous time it was worth every penny.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I organised an expedition for 14 people to conduct a cultural and hiking expedition to Southern Africa and Lesotho. I found Paul online and took a punt on him, boy did it pay off! He was extremely accommodating in helping me to put the itinerary in place. He organised all accommodation, transit, locations and guides where appropriate. His contacts are extensive and very knowledgeable. His honesty and personal knowledge is outstanding. We completed historical tours, the Giants Cup Trail, hiking in Lesotho and a safari. During all of the transits we were treated to his vast passionate knowledge of his country and history to make the long journeys fly by. You almost didn't want to get off the bus! I cannot recommend this man highly enough to look after you from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. I had to organise this from the UK relying on email and phone calls. I am looking for reasons to organise trips with him again.

Date of experience: April 2016
Koekemoer, Owner at Mzansi Safari Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

That indeed was a fantastic journey and really appreciate the kind review.
Deffinately looking forward to travelling with you again

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We had **such** a great experience. Wendy our tourguide was really well informed, fun to be with, thoughtful and experienced in organizing things, and just generally terrific. Both lodges we stayed in were wonderful. Overall, it was an amazing experience. Loved the estuary tour and staying overnight in the game park.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I booked the one-day tour from Durban to Lesotho with Paul who was very responsive, and made things very easy. It turned out to be a very long day, but it was worth it. I was picked up early in the morning by Wendy who was extremely nice, very knowledgeable and well informed. When we arrived at Underberg we picked up another tour to Sani Pass, Lesotho. The road to Lesotho is beautiful. We went in the winter so take warm clothes, it was cold. We also went to a small Besotho village where we were invited with delicious home made bread, and where they sold some hand-made crafts. After that we went to a lodge where we had lunch. The food was good, but the service very slow, because they were very busy that weekend.
Overall it was a great experience worth going if your time is limited. If I had more time, I would have gone on a longer tour.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank fmaruri
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We had an amazing personalised 3 day tour of Hluhluwe-Imfolozi with Mzansi Safari Africa. Our guide Paul was eager to please and had a genuine passion for experiencing the animals in their element. Although we didn't get to see the very elusive leopard, Paul was able to track down the other big 4 on every day as well as an assortment of other animals (too many to list). On day 1 as dusk was taking hold, Paul managed to place us in the middle of a 3 lion hunt on a herd of buffalo. It was better than watching a scene from a David Attenborough film! (yes, the buffalo got away). On day 3, thanks to Paul's clever preemptive 6th sense, we tracked a Lion in retreat following a rough encounter with the neighboring pride. Before we knew it we had 4 lions just meters away from us with no other vehicles in sight.
As well as Hluhluwe, the tour also included a visit to a wild cat sanctuary where we got to play with baby Cheetahs (hint: scratch them behind the ear and they will purr just like your domestic cat). The tour finished with a cruise on the lagoon at St. Lucia. Loads of Hippos, crocs, birds, and much to our surprise, sharks!
I have no hesitation in recommending Paul and Mzansi Safari Africa. As first time visitors to SA, Paul was also brilliant at offering commentary and tips on all things South African.

Date of experience: June 2016