“Delicious Indian cuisine”
Review of My Diner

My Diner
Ranked #224 of 642 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We are regulars at this restaurant. Most items are tasty but their mutton bunnies are delicious! The garlic naan is also good as well as the chicken tikka and butter chicken.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered : chilli beef, chicken manchurian, and butter chicken. All the food was delicious and generous portions. All served very nicely.
Waiter was very slow.
But manager and owner (two Uncles) were on the ball and very helpful to all customers.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We felt like Indian food as eaten by locals. The decor is basic, the service swift and the food tasty. I loved it enough to visit twice in two days.

The menu is reasonably large and persons like us who avoid rice were still able to have a lot of fun. We preferred the lamb dishes.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

My annual visit to South Africa always brings me to Durban, the city that I call the Sunny Side of Life.
The Gateway Mall is a must if you ever visit Durban.
You can really shop till you drop.
What adds colour to the Gateway Mall is the unlimited number of restaurants it has to offer.
And one definitely is the " My Diner " at Gateway.
According to my friends it is one of the few Halal restaurants at the Mall , if I am not mistaken the only one.
Well patronised by people from various walks of life.
With fairly basic furniture, with the intention of catering to families.
The service personnel are very polite and efficient.
I was fascinated to see that they were still fairly old fashioned when taking the orders.
The orders were still written on a writing pad ,and not indulging in faster and more efficient ways such as using a tablet or a direct link to the kitchen , which would simplify and speed up there service standards.
My friend and I ordered the following items.
Fish Masala, Filet Steak , with some Garlic and Plain Naan.
Within about fifteen minutes we had our orders at the table.
The quality of food was exceptional, very very tasty and extremely generous portions.
We both enjoyed the the food and ate to our hearts content.
Will recommend "My Diners " to anyone visiting the Mall and enjoys Pakistani Halal and Oriental food.
There location shop G354 at the Gateway
Mall.
You can pre order your food, and they also offer a delivery service.
Contact local telephone number is
031 566 1878.
Worthwhile a visit if you are ever at the
Gateway Mall in Durban.
Well done, keep it up.
Thanks and warm regards
Randolph Perera

1  Thank Randolph P
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Visited My Diner on request on of my kids. The food quality and taste was excellent. There was a very quick turn around time. However, the level of service and professionalism of the staff can be improved. It was not bad, but it is not at the level that we have come to expect in the Umhlanga area. In saying that, the exceptional taste of the food makes up for it.