“amazing restaurant indeed :)”
Review of Maestros

Maestros
Ranked #195 of 728 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Reviewed 7 April 2016

my experience was great ,the food is great, the service is very very good, waiters are friendly ! i love canvas grill

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Please replace with The Canvas Grill, Berea, Durban. Same menu and great food, new name and location

1  Thank Azima M
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I ordered the steak off the menu which the waitron prompted on how i would like it prepared,i ordered well done and she went on her merry way after taking our order.The food was placed in front of us by another waitron who didnt seem to know who's order goes where!

Thereafter i had 2 bites of my steak and found it quite UN-WELL-DONE (a pretty pink),i sent it back to the chef despondently and received my meal when the rest of my family were done with theirs,my drink that i ordered was warm by then and i waited another 3-5 minutes for cutlery with my returned steak,my dad actually got up from his seat of his own accord and got me a fork and knife,shortly thereafter a waitron strolled to us and brought a plate of cutlery when we waited already so long and he had gone to another table with the cutlery meant for me,as i am typing this they have sent a mini-ice cream as an apology which is a minute gesture in cowardice,i for one do not see myself visiting this poor establishment again!!!!

3  Thank Phantomiser M
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Our first visit was a total disaster which I blame myself for since it was their opening night. They have since changed the name to maestro's and moved to cowey road.

My second experience was a beautifully organized and catered High tea with my friends.

We decided to have our anniversary supper there since it was in the middle of the week.

The food a bit overpriced but acceptable, they have since added a new burger menu from which I selected the nachos as a starter and my husband had the prawn cocktail. I loved the perfectly made crispy chips!

I ordered the lamb shank for
A main and the meat was done to perfection however the minted mash on the sides was a bit of a disappointment, I would have liked an option of vegetables or mash maybe? My husband was also a bit disappointed he didn't get any option on a side dish to his steak.
When I was told they didn't have the lemon grass creme brulee I was a tad disappointed because that was the only thing that stood out for me on the dessert menu. My husband ordered me dessert anyway so we got the chocolate mouse and the ice cream which was sadly disappointing , the ice cream was obviously a cheap make covered in sauce and nuts.

I think having a second option for a side dish will be really nice and maybe look at changing the dessert selection as well.

It's always great to see a fully halaal restaurant that's not a franchise store and I would love to see it grow from strength to strength!

Reviewed 5 October 2015

prawn starters were great, very crispy and really tasty.
Most of the table ordered fillet with a sauce. I specified NO BASTING and to be done Rare! my fillet arrive and had been cut in half so it a big piece but only a thumbnail thick..... AND it was floating in basting sauce, to which they told me it was not basting but olive oil. well then it was floating in olive oil..... NOT impressed.
the vegetables were pinch and butternut. Butternut - average, one can't get this very wrong. The spinach was fresh, but had been cleaned from the stalks properly and not sufficiently chopped into smaller pieces. It is quite evident that there was no chef on duty today. Would I recommend this restaurant? No
Would I return? No