Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Connector00345782840

Good place to go to

Review of Parade Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 May 2023
I had a most great time in parade hotel, the reception area is warm welcoming, the security and receptionist they will greet you countless with smile. The room was very clean and breakfast well served delicious.
Date of stay: May 2023
    R 666
  • Trip.com
1.6 km from Parade Hotel
View more hotels in Durban
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2023 via mobile

Not in a great area tbh. Shabby reception and lift 1940s. Rooms clean but basic and windows thin so noisy. Rooms boarded up, locks forced, carpets bare. For me the pits and i checked out day2. Its really that bad and i on other forums i can only think reviews are not genuine.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2022

Made a reservation for four nights but only managed to stay one because of the appalling conditions of the hotel. The shower door was was almost falling off, there was no parking for guests, you had to park at another business and walk to the hotel in a risky area which was scary at night. Breakfast was okay although the bacon was white like it had been boiled.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

At check-in we were welcomed warmly by Mr. Mhize :) Our room was nicely done but deep cleaning is highly needed I mean even bathroom walls have stains which goes to show that training at housekeeping is highly needed.

It was not my first time staying at the hotel. Previously we enjoyed breakfast especially when there was an Indian girl working there. This time around their service was just so disgusting!!!!

In the first morning I informed the chef in charge that I'm vegetarian and asked if she could prepare anything for me and rudely told me that "I don't know of you except of one guest that I prepared for, reception didn't inform me about you! So I'll give you something little from what I prepared for the vegetarian guest that I know of." And indeed she gave me unappetizing less than a fist of fried chips. So much talk for fried potatoes! I am a paying guest and you don't talk to guests like that.

When I went to go get something else on the buffet another chef asked me "where is the plate you were using before?" REALLY????? I'm so disgusted and disappointed by their service. The chef in charge also kept shouting at a newly employed lady ordering her around with no respect! If you have no respect for your staff do that back of house not in front of guests it's belittling us and lowering your standards.

On the second day we hoped for better but it was worse! We dished up our first rounds and I was made mushrooms only, even after I informed them I'd be returning. I believe there's so much more that could've being prepared if the love and passion was there.

I went to go dishup again for my fiance and the chef first served the guest behind me and ignored me as if I was not standing in front of her, I saw her leaving one egg and I asked for two and she said "second rounds are not allowed for eggs, that is why I'm making you one." In my whole history of working and staying in hotels never in my entire life have I ever heard of such!!!

Breakfast was decreased by an hour. Is it so much work to give good service in ONE HOUR?!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2020

Went there for a couple of day with the kids and it was amazing, a walk to the beach and even had a slight view from my room. The breakfast was nice with a lot of options to choose from. The location is great because its close to everything. The beds were so comfortable too.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Rehilwe J
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel is in the beach front with sea facing rooms. The rooms have a good airconditioners and fridge. The wifi is good. They have a good English breakfast. The reasturants are a walking distance from the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019