Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Shaken

Pictures misleading

Review of Albany Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 06 Aug 2021via mobile
The pictures are misleading. You step into the reception which is neat but once you step out of the elevators on your floor, the place looks dirty, floors are sticky, no cups in the room and you have to park your car on the street. Very disappointed with this. It should not be listed
Date of stay: August 2021
Room Tip: If you like a clean and tidy place and want to feel comfortable. Don't book The Albany Hotel
R 1 013
    R 393
  • Agoda.com
0.8 km from Albany Hotel
View more hotels in Durban
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020

Be very careful when looking at the photos and description of this hotel online: one of the worst hotels that exist. Small and dirty bathroom, not enough towels for entire family, dirty carpets, curtains falling off rails, stained furniture, no remote for TV, NO PARKING, situated above 2 very dodgy and noisy bars. We had to stay as we paid, but we couldnt leave early enough the next day. Cheap price on booking.com- and now we understand why. Horrible place.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Firstly the lady that was on the reception on the 29th September is very rude and racist, I came on the 29th and checked in when I went to the room there was no toilet paper and towels, I went to the reception and told her, she promised to sort it out but nothing was done I went back and approached her she told me to speak to the manager.

The room was dirty and scary hence I paid fully but they reception seemed not to be care. The remotes for air conditioning and TV was not in the room they told me I'll use manual. I went and inform them the air conditioning is not working nothing was done, I waited for the them to atleast bring toilet papers, guess what nobody can. The way I was so disappointed and un attended, I even decided to check out same day and look for another place hence I paid for Albany room and the was no refund paid to me hence no attention was given to me whenever I'm shouting for help.

The floor has got a carpet with a very bad smell.

I Will never ever book to this place, they only have good building outside, come inside you will see, and moreover racist receptionist.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2020 via mobile

1. The lady who was at reception on our arrival was not friendly at all
2. Thanks to Phumeza who saved the day with her friendliness till we left
3. The foyer was not clean
4. The elevators we fine, except being too small. Only 2 people could fit with their luggage
5. Our room was at 5th floor, the floor carpet was dirty with visible and a fowl smell
6. The curtain of the window on the corridor was so dirty that we couldn't even make out the original color
7. The orange couch there had visible stains, no one could sit on it
8. The furniture in the room had visible dust
9. The beds were very comfortable
10. The room was a 3 sleeper, but only 2 cups and 2 bath towels were in the room
11. On the day of our checkout, we requested a toilet paper roll at 7 am and we never received it till we left. And no one apologized for it

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

I found this hotel on Trip.com I needed a family room and made a last minute booking. The pictures on Trip.com were nothing like the hotel. It's in the down town area and in the middle of the 'red light zone.' Which isn't suitable for me especially since I had my elderly mother and 7 year old daughter. The rooms smelled stale and there was insufficient towels. We arrived late and went to sleep. In the morning when we went to reception we saw people asleep in the waiting areas and strewn in corridors. The housekeeping staff didn't appear to have bras on as it was hot and we saw several of their cleavages showing between the buttons. Quite unprofessional and an altogether 'seedy' vibe. I paid 311 Australian dollars for two nights for the family room. I left after the first night there was no way I could have spent a second night knowing what I knew about this place. Terrible experience really

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 19 November 2019

The service at the Albany Hotel is phenomenal and really makes your stay such a pleasure. The room was comfortable and clean, when booking a twin room book a quad room because it will have two double beds. Breakfast is great value for money with buffet and a'la carte options available. Loved the coffee shop in the lobby area and loved the service offered by the staff especially Shahed.

Date of stay: November 2019