“Good food”
Review of Intaba View

Intaba View
Ranked #163 of 645 Restaurants in Durban
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: Overlooking the majestic Valley of 1000 Hills and located on the halfway mark of the Comrades, Intaba View is a restaurant and functions venue open Tuesday to Sunday.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely setting. Was a bit windy so take something warm. Food was great and service was good. Variety of dishes to choose from so all can be happy. You can sit inside or covered verandah or outside which I think will be lovely on a summers day. We will visit again.

Intaba V, Owner at Intaba View, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi Zelna
Thank you so much for your positive review - we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope we can host you again in the near future.
Kind regards
Jacqui

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Thank you so much for an awesome anniversary lunch. Old friends and good food with a great view. No special request was too much on short notice..... and it was on Comrades weekend.
Thanks again.
Johan and Sannie Gaybba, Struisbaai, Western Cape

Intaba V, Owner at Intaba View, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Hi Sanet - thank you so much for the lovely review - it was our absolute pleasure to host you and I am so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed their time with us. Thank you for choosing to spend such a memorable occasion at Intaba View.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I am utterly disappointed with this restaurant. I came all the way from Durban to treat my mum to a lovely surprise breakfast at Intaba view restaurant.
Due to the terrible weather we had arrived later than the time reserved, which I had informed the restaurant to change my reservation.

The lady that attended to us at the door was extremely rude. We told her we had made a booking and we are a little late and asked if there where any available tables. She abruptly responded that the restaurant was hosting a lunch and that she will have to "kick us out" before 12! She then said there was a table available at a later time and we could use that! I have no clue what the whole fuss was about. My mum felt really terrible! Thanks for spoiling our Mothers Day!

Intaba V, Owner at Intaba View, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hi Tanya - I am sorry to hear of your experience at the front door but am happy to hear that you were accommodated on such a busy day.
I will speak to the lady that seated you and ensure that she handles situations like that better in the future.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I do hope that you enjoyed your meal with us even though the reception was unacceptable.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Calamari was not seasoned at all when cooked. Either still frozen or grilled in a cold pan. Even after it was returned for further grilling, it was tasteless and under cooked. Peri- Peri Beef strips ordered spicy but were simply beef strips served in a tomato and onion stew. Not impressed. Whilst food and management disappointed, the waiter was very good.

Intaba V, Owner at Intaba View, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Hi Penny - I apologise for the sub-standard meals that you received and thank you for your review - I will ensure that the quality of these meals are improved and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a cup of coffee and was impressed with speedy service and friendly staff. Plus the view is awesome! Be sure to check out the Comrades halfway marker!

Intaba V, Owner at Intaba View, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Hi Laura - firstly thank you for stopping in at Intaba View and for the great review - hopefully you will visit us again for a meal.