“ALWAYS WRONG ALL THE TIME”
Review of Gaby'z Tasca

Gaby'z Tasca
Ranked #246 of 728 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We have being visiting this restaurant from the time it had being called Gabys and since the change of ownership the chicken has changed tremendously and the staff never gets it right. Each time you visit this place they have a new manager and new staff. Neither the manager stay and not the staff.Each time you go there you will have to rebuild a new relationship unlike other restaurants.
Do not dare to order a takeout.They will get it wrong everytime and will not compensate at all.We miss the Gabys old days as well as their chicken. .

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Very busy, booking is essential. Great ambience and friendly staff. Went for dinner with friends. I had the peri peri chicken, wife had the prawn and calamari combo. Food was divine and the waiter was very professional and the whole evening was enjoyed by all. The restaurant is unpretentious and offers patrons great value for money. Definitely one of my local favorites.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We decided we felt like Portuguese last Friday and went off to A Tasca...as always the food is really good, but I was very annoyed to be told after I had placed my order and was already anticipating those lovely chips dipped into my lemon butter sauce, that they had actually run out of chips and I had to have rice or vegetables...You know you are busy on a friday and you don'y have enough chips...not good enough I'm afraid...this restaurant produces fantastic food, don't get me wrong, but I find that every time I go there, they just seem to get something wrong and that is irritating as it spoils the evening and leaves a bad taste. That being said, their food is very good and the prawn boca and trinchado starters were both amazing, as well as the half chicken in lemon butter. Even the veg were good, but they weren't what I wanted...
the manageress was very apologetic, but it is nevertheless annoying...pity because it could be excellent instead of very good....

Reviewed 8 April 2016

We love this place alot. Even had my 60th Birthday party there! (60 guests) Portuguese but do do other meals aswell. Tuesday evening special is always full. So must book. We normal go on the weekend and it is busy - so once again try and book. Great starters aswell. Fresh Portuguese rolls are divine. All mains are great. Had most of them. (Hubby loves the Chicken - too hot for me) Prawns are my best. Well worth a try. Service is also outstanding.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Great authentic Portuguese food and service. the starter was quite small though (squid heads) but excellent taste. Their Piri Piri chicken was great, you will certainly enjoy their extensive menu.