“Tasty pasta but average experience”

Pesto Restaurant At The Palace Resort
Ranked #170 of 711 Restaurants in Durban
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Description: Looking for a quick bite to eat, a creamy cappuccino or in the mood for room service? Pesto is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, serving an array of delicious treats. Don't miss out on fine Mediterranean dining at Pesto Restaurant, situated on the ground floor overlooking the promenade.
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Slow service throughout the evening
No Penne pasta available which surprised me... how do you run out of that staple?
Ended up having spaghetti with bolognese sauce which was tasty but I left thinking that with their prime location on the Durban beachfront, the meal & experience could have / should have been so much better!

Management response:Responded 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
I assure you that this will be addressed accordingly to ensure improvement in the standard of service offered.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The service was slow and food was way below average. The crispy bacon was way undercooked, the pasta was bland and tasteless, the fish was dry and the pizza had bits of burned wood stuck to the underside. The hamburger seemed to be the shining light in a sea of mediocrity. I would recommend that you walk on to somewhere else. That said, the way in which the Manager (Meschack) handled it gives them an extra point.

Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I assure you that these issues will most definitely be addressed to ensure improvement.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Right across the road from the beach front makes it a perfect setting for breakfast and I suppose all meals. Service was fast and efficient and the food tasty.

Management response:Responded 6 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pesto. We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and we look forward to always welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I had such bad service here. I went through for breakfast and I asked twice that if I sit outside, will someone please come and serve me and I was told they would. I sat for 15mins without someone attending to me, and a couple came through and sat outside next to me, and yet they even got attended to before me. It took even longer to bring my food. My waiter left me, and did not tell me he was going into training, and I sat there for 30mins without being attended to, until his colleague had to come and explain and give me my bill. The drinks were not even made properly. I was really disgusted with the service, because it was not even busy. Never going back there again.

First_Resorts, General Manager at Pesto Restaurant At The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Valued Patron

Thank you for telling us about your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I assure you that management and staff have been addressed with regards to this incident to ensure that there is improvement.

Kind regards,
Shamini Pather
General Manager - The Palace

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Food is as a let down. Fillet steak and Lamb Cutlets smothered in a terrible barbecue sauce. The kitchen need a wake up call. At the prices they charge I would have expected better. Red wine sold at room temperature which was 31 degrees on the night we were there.. The discount given could not make up for basic mistakes.

First_Resorts, General Manager at Pesto Restaurant At The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Clive and Merle

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, constructive criticism is the root of our success. The issues you mentioned will most definitely be addressed with our chef and waitrons to ensure improvement. We sincerely hope you would take it upon yourselves to join us again in the near future to reconcile your faith in our restaurant.

Kind regards,