Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sightseer16509822174

Comfortable, central accommodation

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jul 2023
The location with views over the Moses Mabhida Stadium and the sea made it possible to view sunrise and sunset from the balcony. Restaurants' menu for lunch and dinner very basic with limited options for eating-in. room service better than eating in restaurant. Breakfast is on standard with mainstream hotels. Toiletries, towels and linen are of good quality!
Date of stay: July 2023
Main Exterior
    R 1 623
3.7 km from Blue Waters Hotel
View more hotels in Durban
All reviews value for money golden mile moses mabida stadium spacious rooms breakfast was excellent balcony promenade
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2023

Staying at Blue waters was so good and convenient to many places of interest we wanted. They are so courteous and for us the stay became too short.
Their breakfast was good with a wide range of choice of food. The sea view was great. I would stay at this place over and over.

1  Thank suwiemusundire
Reviewed 20 June 2023

I regret paying such a high price for such a disappointing experience.
Inadequate hot water; only lukewarm showers.
Extremely small cups and glasses in room; about 4 sips worth.
Disruptive noise from the departing EFF political party conference on first night.
Poor housekeeping service; rude and unhelpful staff.
Long wait times for elevators on every floor.
Unwelcoming receptionist during check-in; lacked warmth and courtesy.
Demanding immediate payment for parking, even during naptime; made to wait due to other guests.

Reviewed 16 June 2023 via mobile

Clean, spacious and very comfortable rooms.
The most beautiful views of the Ocean.
Safe and quiet.
The staff was extremely helpful, and friendly, was able to assist in all our needs. Really good!
Safe parking.
The best location on seafront.

Room tip: Undercover safe Parking available for minimal fee.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2023 via mobile

When taking dinner with free friends on Sunday 11th I can’t even put into words how dreadful the experience and service was. When the lowest rating possible is 1 star it is a little annoying as this place does not deserve ONE!

It took around 20 mins to place an order and that had to be repeated at least three times, the drinks took another 15 mins to arrive (we did ask for more but they never arrived!) the waiter came back several times checking if he’d got it right. It really was quite simple, one sirloin, 2 fillets, and one soup. The temperature of the meat was not correct, and that had been repeated at least twice! As for the soup, well that was self service and whilst helping myself I was told by a nearby chef that it was cold as the machine was turned off 40 mins ago! So I had no soup, yet a 4th meat arrived, which I / we didn’t order. My stomach had not been great so wanted something light, well I certainly got light - nothing! The peppercorn sauce was turned into mushroom sauce, again we mentioned it but nothing was done to amend, not even an apology. Honestly with around four waiters bouncing around like Manuel it really was like a set off Faulty Towers! Half way through my friends make, a lady came walking towards our table like on a a mission, immediately asking why I had ordered the fillet and didn’t want it!!! She asked me again, I was shocked at her attitude but it got worse as she called over the waiter and went through the whole order / experience with him in front of us, again questioning me, all while my friends were trying to eat their food! She was by far the worst person in a customer facing role I’ve ever had the misfortune of coming across. I really hope the GM speaks to her and addressing her attitude asap. She is certainly no credit to the hotel nor the industry.

Room tip: Find elsewhere to eat
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2023

The check-in was the worst I have ever experienced. The veteran at reception behaved atrociously and treated me like a criminal for their billing issue with the booking platform. Made me wait for over 30 minutes while they sorted it out. I feel that it could be handled differently but the manager said it was their policy. I did however receive really good service from the interns and trainees at reception as well as housekeeping and the restaurant staff. On the second day of our stay we found cockroaches in the room, I tried calling reception and the duty manager, neither answered and I ended up calling housekeeping who got it sorted but then they came back the next day. Tried once again to call reception and the duty manager and got no reply so left it because I was leaving. The location was perfect though as was the food and service at breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2023