Algotels
Ewell, United Kingdom

Decent stay

Review of Hilton Durban
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2020via mobile
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Bar had a great choice and friendly staff. Outside the bar is seating area and you can smoke if you're a smoker. The bar has a restaurant also.
Get up early for breakfast to avoid the queues.
Buffet style dinner was very tasty with a great selection.
The Room had all that you need. Hotel is opposite a conference centre which was great for my stay. It's about 20-30min walk to the beach and shops.
Trip type: Travelled on business
HiltonDurban, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this review
Responded 18 Feb 2020
Dear Valued Guest

We are truly heartened to receive your review of Hilton Durban. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed it, we are especially pleased that you felt well-looked after. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

R 1 184
1.2 km from Hilton Durban
View more hotels in Durban
Reviews (1 863)
1 863 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
10 - 15 of 1 863 reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2020

Service very excellent, dinner and breakfast was of good quality, capers in the rooms well taken care of, I spent five nights and felt like I spent two, clean pool, good for family and couples outings, I enjoyed the gym

Room tip: Join Hilton Honors for free and earn points for your stay
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HiltonDurban, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Dear Valued Guest

Thanks so much for your review of Hilton Durban. It has been a pleasure to have you with us and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the very near future. Until then, warm regards from Durban!

Reviewed 29 January 2020

Excellent service throughout. The staff was amazing, the rooms were neat and clean. The food was of good quality. The hotel is situated in a good and central location, close to CBD and the beach. Parking is also very safe.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonDurban, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sending in your 5* rating. We are really happy to see that we were able to meet your expectations and hope you found our location and facilities to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2020

I stayed in the Hilton for seven nights as part of my holiday in Durban. It should be noticed that this hotel is predominantly aimed at business travellers.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was of a good size and kept clean and tidy. The breakfast b buffet was very good, but I do wish they would have used individual pots or ramekins for their jam and marmalade.
Although the beach and city centre are about a mile on foot from the hotel, it is not safe to walk to either destination unless you do not wear or carry anything of value. The hotel recommends an Uber or taxi, but I enjoy a walk so am not prepared to pay for this just because of crime rates in the city. A free shuttle for guests to and from the hotel would be a good idea throughout the day. I would recommend this hotel during your stay in Durban.

Room tip: High floor end of corridor, sea facing.
Date of stay: January 2020
HiltonDurban, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Durban and taking a moment to share your stay with us. I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and that you had a good overall experience in our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 January 2020

I was disgusted with the cleanliness of my room. The toilet seat was messed when I arrived, and I cleaned it myself. My bedsheets were not clean, had Mark's on them and had what felt like sugar, it was not new sheets. The iron was dirty, and ruined my clothes. I was so disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonDurban, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear of your overall guestroom experience, the cleanliness and overall service. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience and I would like to inform you that I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager and the Executive Housekeeper.

I apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 4 January 2020

I have a reason to come back again because of cleanliness, user friendly staff, delicious healthy breakfast. Room service was quick with its delicious food.

Consider having a second restaurant facility that can only be used during festive season.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with the services provided by our team. Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions. Your feedback is much appreciated.