Hilton Durban
Hotwire.com
US$199
Reviews (1 630)
1 630 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebusiness loungeconvention centerroom servicefive star hotelattending a conferencecurriesexcellent servicebusiness tripcomrades marathonenjoyed my staysouth africaiccrainbowdoormaninternetfoyer
352 - 357 of 1 630 reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

-Poor slow service (30min check in)
-Useless management
-Old rooms, very bad lights in the room, I wasn't able to read papers on the desk.
-Desk lamp was broken
-No free wifi unless you are a free hhonor member.
-I had to call guest service to get towels in the morning.

-I booked a massage, i realized only later how dirty this massage bad was. All over hairs and it wasn't clean nor disinfected!!!!Very disgusting!!!! Dust was on the bed railings and it was even rusty!!

Please see pictures attached.

Health department should close down the spa, big health risk!!

The Manager in charge should get changed!!!!!

Stayed: January 2017
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very sorry that your experience with the Hilton Durban did not meet your expectations. I will be informing our hotel leaders about the issues you experienced, so that we can avoid complications like these in the future. It always our goal for our Front Desk, Restaurants and Housekeeping teams to make sure we have all our guests cared for and respected throughout there stay and I will be reaching out to the Managements of these departments to make sure we are more vigilante about this going forward. We do hope that you will visit us again in the future so we have another chance to show you a true Hilton experience.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Older rooms are outdated and tired. Poor value for money at a 5 star property. Expensive. Poor service delivery. Slow turnaround by staff to requests especially the housekeeping staff. Lack of action to address problems by management

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Many thanks for being our guest and for posting your review. As a HHonors member, you are among our most valued guests.

We are truly very concerned and sorry to read your comments and the way you feel about our property and the service provided. Despite the impression created, however we want to assure you that we do care for all our guests and we aim to always provide high quality service and hospitality standards. I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper and the Chief Engineer.

Once again thank you for having chosen to stay with us. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We spent one night in this Hotel an paid quite a high rate which I cannot say was worth it. We were given a room on the 2nd floor which was old an in desperate need of renovation. We were advised that rooms on the top floors were already renovated. The rooms did not have towels upon arrival. But it was a peak period and the hotel was fully booked up. Even breakfast was a mission due to the amount of people present. The pool area was very badly kept and did not look inviting.

On the overall however the food was really good. We ordered in room dining and the breakfast was really good as well. The service was good overall, even though we had to call housekeeping a few times to get our towels. The room was clean.

My advice would be to stay clear of it during the peak period an opt for a room on a higher up floor. It is of a 4 star standard. There was no turn down of our room or chocolates on the pillow. It was basic rooms an bathroom as well.

I think the renovated room would fine.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel! We are pleased to hear you were happy with your overall service and breakfast in-room dining. Please accept our apologies for the unsatisfactory overall accommodation and experience you received. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Durban!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Overall service was more than 5 star. Staff were friendly and efficient, even tho the hotel was fully booked over the Christmas & new year period. we received excellent service all round. would definitely stay there again. rooms were impeccable and clean and fresh. great Service

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your comments from your recent visit to the Hilton Durban! I am delighted that you had an exceptional time and that your expectations were exceeded. We will certainly share you feedback with our team, and thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed here one night for my husband's birthday and arrived by train from Johannesburg. The service was great from the beginning. We hadn't prearranged a car from the train station to the hotel but after one quick call to the concierge's desk a car was sent for us in a timely manner. Upon arrival, the service was impeccable. I wanted to do something special for my husband's birthday. The venue that I tried to book online was sold out for the night. After explaining the situation to the concierge manager, he arranged for us to attend an after party at the Le Vue Floating Restaurant. We had a great time and the night was definitely one of the highlights of our two week trip to South Africa.

While getting ready for the evening, my husband wanted his shoes shinned and the housekeeping staff took care of it expeditiously. I purchased a few nice items from the gift shop and the ladies in shop were pleasant. One of the ladies even noticed my tanzanite engagement ring and inquired if I had a December birthday as she did. Despite our pretty nice experience, there were three minor issues that are worth mentioning: (1) The pool is in an odd place. My husband wanted to go for a night swim but it's situated next to one of the restaurants. There was a banquet style event going on so it would have been a bit awkward to go for a dip while folks were waltzing around in evening attire.....which brings me to number (2) my husband is from Louisiana so we were very excited to try the lobby restaurant "The Big Easy" but we were denied service because of a private event. We ordered room service and the food was great so that kind of made up for the inconvenience. Lastly (3) the spa staff were probably the least friendly of the all the staff that we encountered and it made me not want to spend my money there. Overall we have fond memories and would stay here again when we return to Durban.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaestraTanisha
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest's feedback and I'm pleased to know you had a truly memorable experience and best wishes for your husbands birthday he celebrated whilst you were with us. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.