Hilton Durban
US$92
US$48
Reviews (1 626)
1 626 results
All reviewsthe executive loungebusiness loungeconvention centerroom servicefive star hotelattending a conferencecurriesexcellent servicebusiness tripcomrades marathonenjoyed my staysouth africaiccrainbowdoormaninternetfoyer
353 - 358 of 1 626 reviews
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Rude receptionist, not what I expected. Oh yeah, NO TOWELS.
Stay away from this hotel. Took us 3 hours just to check in. Receptionists ARE ALL RUDE AND UNHELPFUL. Management is non-existent jus stay away.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
MarkusMFritz, General Manager at Hilton Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on your stay at our hotel. We are grateful for all the feedback we receive and always aim to improve future guest stays.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Our team members always want to ensure that they make it right and we are sorry they were unable to do so on this occasion. We will be passing on your feedback to the Front Office Manager and the Executive Housekeeper to have it looked into.

We hope you can give us the opportunity to make it right and to show you our commitment to delivering outstanding service and quality.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

- 7 Hour Check-In - Broken Cupboards in the rooms - Challenges getting towels and a TV remote (21:00 - 00:00) - Incompetent Staff - No one answering phones or queries - More security personnel than people that can actually assist - Severe Parking challenges with double charges for parking at the ICC - Complete and Utter nightmare.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

I appreciate you bringing these details to our attention and this is not the level of service we strive to provide each guest. Your comments will be passed to our leadership team for further review.
I do sincerely apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to Make it Right.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Rude Receptionist
No towels
Average breakfast
Terrible Swimming Pool
Understaffed
Pictures on the internet not a true reflection of the rooms an amenities.
Ernie Els Bar only good thing about this Hotel

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear of your overall guestroom experience, quality of facilities and service. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and would like to inform you that I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper and the Food & Beverage Manager.

I apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Tiny reception with long queues, terrible arrival experience in car arrivals, worse parking experience not enough for its room numbers, relocated executive floor and lack of general information. I will not use it again, out of choice, after that experience.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Blue HHonors member, you are among our most valued guests. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear of your overall experience, accommodation and service. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and would like to inform you that I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager, Chief Engineer, Security Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We checked in on Christmas day for four nights as part of a "Staycation". Whilst checking in I couldn't help but notice around five families complaining that the air-conditioning system was broken. Luckily, the air-conditioning system on our room on the 13th floor was working just fine. Check-in was cold, no special welcome or mention of being a HHonours member though.

When I entered the room I noticed two issues, no towels and the carpet had pieces of paper and used coffee sachets. I contacted house keeping to rectify these issues but had to call a further three times. An hour later housekeeping made an appearance and were quite transparent by informing me that the hotel staff cannot cope with the amount of guests this festive period. Poor excuse though.

I would later learn that the towel issue would turn into an "epidemic" as every night upon returning to the hotel there would be no towels in my room as well as a flurry of guests standing at reception demanding their right to towels.

The other major issue was parking within the hotel. There was an exhibition of some sort opposite the hotel at the ICC and the patrons from this exhibition chose to park at the hotel instead of the ICC for whatever reason. Two things annoyed me here, viz., upon entering the parking I was always asked to show proof that I am a guest at the hotel; the parking spaces were always almost occupied.

-Location is good.
-Breakfast was our highlight. We had a phenomenal waiter named Mr. TIny Govender who always went above and beyond. Unfortunately he alone could not make up for the other poorly trained staff. The spread as great and vegetarian options were also great.
-Executive lounge is decent. My only problem here was how shrewd the waiters were with bringing out the food. It was like it was deliberate. Perhaps they are trained this way. They were also not friendly and came across as if they were doing me a favour. Paying an extra +R1000 is so not worth it for the waiters attitude.
-Fitness room is good.
-If you jog/run, I would recommend taking a run to the beach. It's around a km away and once there you can jog on the promenade.

Overall, my stay was quite poor and not relaxed at all. Most of the staff seemed poorly trained and lacked EQ (emotional intelligence). I would recommend, even if you are HHonours member, choosing another hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, away from the elevators. Don't bother with executive rooms unless it is a free upgrade.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a HHonors member, you are among our most valued guests. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and very sorry to hear of your overall experience, accommodation and service. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience and would like to inform you that I have addressed this with our Front Office Manager, executive Housekeeper and the Food & Beverage Manager.