We stayed here one night for my husband's birthday and arrived by train from Johannesburg. The service was great from the beginning. We hadn't prearranged a car from the train station to the hotel but after one quick call to the concierge's desk a car was sent for us in a timely manner. Upon arrival, the service was impeccable. I wanted to do something special for my husband's birthday. The venue that I tried to book online was sold out for the night. After explaining the situation to the concierge manager, he arranged for us to attend an after party at the Le Vue Floating Restaurant. We had a great time and the night was definitely one of the highlights of our two week trip to South Africa.
While getting ready for the evening, my husband wanted his shoes shinned and the housekeeping staff took care of it expeditiously. I purchased a few nice items from the gift shop and the ladies in shop were pleasant. One of the ladies even noticed my tanzanite engagement ring and inquired if I had a December birthday as she did. Despite our pretty nice experience, there were three minor issues that are worth mentioning: (1) The pool is in an odd place. My husband wanted to go for a night swim but it's situated next to one of the restaurants. There was a banquet style event going on so it would have been a bit awkward to go for a dip while folks were waltzing around in evening attire.....which brings me to number (2) my husband is from Louisiana so we were very excited to try the lobby restaurant "The Big Easy" but we were denied service because of a private event. We ordered room service and the food was great so that kind of made up for the inconvenience. Lastly (3) the spa staff were probably the least friendly of the all the staff that we encountered and it made me not want to spend my money there. Overall we have fond memories and would stay here again when we return to Durban.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corporate elegance, the Hilton Durban is an iconic landmark hotel offering newly renovated guestrooms in a supreme location near the Durban International Convention Center. Voted South Africa’s Leading Business Hotel at the World Travel Awards from 2012 to 2017. All 328 guest rooms offer gorgeous views of the city or coastline. Expect the highest standard of service, impressive facilities and dishes to suit any taste. With meeting rooms and grand ballroom space for up to 400 guests, Hilton Durban is one of the most established conference hotels in Durban. Stay connected with Wi-Fi access and work efficiently in the business center. Executive guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast and refreshments in the stylish Business Lounge. The outdoor swimming pool and our fitness center also offer an ideal place to unwind after a busy day. Refuel at any of our 3 stylish outlets, Vasco's restaurant, the Big Easy Winebar & Grill Durban by Ernie Els and the Coral Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Durban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Durban Hotel Durban
- Hilton International Durban