Book now, pay at stay
US$125
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$141
US$77
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

US$148
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$50
Reviews (2 406)
2 407 results
All reviewsocean breezetsogo sunpool deckin room diningindian oceangolden mileroom servicedurban beachfrontexcellent servicesea facingfamily roomrooms are spaciousenjoyed my staypleasant stayhome away from homevigourverve
35 - 40 of 2 407 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My stay was absolutely fabulous from the accommodation to the food & everything in between, would definitely go there again, simply loved the deliciously prepared cuisine at Lingela, no other can touch you guys, you are worth every cent!!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Samantha C, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and look forward to sharing many more birthday celebrations with you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was unfortunately there for business and didn't get to enjoy it fully. My experience was more of the room, room service, breakfast, dinner and reception. and I have to say that all the above met my expecatancy

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent four days here. The room was spacious and clean, and the view of the beach and Indian Ocean unbeatable. The breakfasts were terrific, with lots of choices: eggs, made-to-order omelets, fruits, cheeses, reads, and African spiced vegetables. The pools are lovely and warm. This spa is clean and my massage was very relaxing. They have wonderful in house restaurants and their concierge and chauffeur were very helpful. It made for a safe and successful stay. We ended up having a great Durbin experience.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I personally enjoyed my 5 days stay at the hotel during 2018 comrades marathon and wish i can check in the same hotel room in 2019. I have been staying in the same hotel for the last three years and even invited my fellow comrades runners to experience this exceptional high standards.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

I am pleased that you had a good stay and hope you had a good race too.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had booked this stay about 2-3 weeks in advance and under the special request section, I requested a room closest to the conference venue.

I was surprised that on check in the lady that assisted me had no idea about my request and I was already allocated to a room on the 18th floor. She tried to change the room while I waited for a few minutes but she was unsuccessful.

This was the first time that I stayed at this hotel and I was quite surprised at how outdated the rooms are, especially taking into account the price.

Cleanliness is another factor that I'm unhappy about as the room didn't seem to be cleaned very well, seems like the carpets were not vacuumed as I found a used, dirty toothpick on the floor which was used by a guest before me.

To top it all, I was in the room when house keeping came to replace the towels. The lady  placed them on the top of the toilet before folding them. One of the towels fell onto the bathroom floor and she casually picked it up, folded it and placed it inside the bath tub. She then proceeded to fold the rest of the towels ontop of the toilet and kept stacking them up inside the bath tub. Once she was done with folding all the towels, she picked them up from the bath tub and placed it on to the towel rack. I was disgusted seeing this.

I can't believe that a hotel of your stature has such poor standards!

I don't think that I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple