Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani
US$210
US$163
US$131
  • Pool
The Concierge Boutique Bungalows(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$166
TripAdvisor
Reviews (2 273)
2 273 results
All reviewsocean breezetsogo sunpool deckindian oceangolden mileroom servicedurban beachfrontsea facingexcellent servicefamily roomrooms are spaciousenjoyed my staypleasant stayvigourvervedarumasamantha
FilterAll languages
667 - 672 of 2 273 reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I stayed at holiday inn elangeni from the 23 december and my cell phone was stolen on the 28 december from my room the manager has put the cleaning lady on the lie detector but to my suprise it came out clear i still dont have the report pysically was just told that . please be careful and lock all valuebles away even your cell phones while not in use

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Samantha C, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your valuable feedback.

All incidents regarding alleged loss of valuables are viewed in a very serious light and a thorough investigation is conducted by our security team, which may include lie-detector tests of staff who gained access to your room, during the period in which the item went missing. I am happy to forward you a copy of our investigation, including the test (which is conducted by an independent company), for your records.

Whilst this incident is regretted, our investigation has revealed no wrongdoing of any staff, which is why you were referred to your insurer. We do provide safes in our rooms and advise all guest to secure their valuables in the safe when not in use.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Stayed at Elangeni from the 18th to the 23rd December. It was incredible. We had a room higher up- on the 20th floor and the views were simply amazing- if you do stay, wake up and watch the beautiful sunrise over the ocean. We stayed at Garden Court Marine Parade and Garden Court South Beach, both are great- but the Elangeni is the best. The Elangeni has three heated pools- one of them a kids pool that our son loved. Breakfast is great. Pizzas are awesome from the Oceans view restaurant, room service is excellent- it was an incredible stay and I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kids paradise at Elangeni Hotel Durban
Rooms are great , pools are stunning for kids
and beaches are the best in the world
Tasneem from reception welcome us warmly
Rosy kept our room spotless
SPHE makes sure you are well fed at breakfast
activity for kids and beach is less than a minute walk
Family had a great time

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ahmed J
Samantha C, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

I am delighted that you and your family had a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Stayed at the hotel over the Christmas holiday period. On arrival I went to reception and was very professionally looked after, my room was ready and a porter took luggage to my room on the 2nd floor. Room clean and everything provided for a tired traveler. Lovely view of the area and beach from the window. Lovely clean bed linen and new towels in the bathroom.
The hotel was at full capacity as it was the holiday season. All staff members I met were courteous and pleasant. I had no issued with my room or dining issued. I found the food to be excellent and well priced. Had dinner on a few nights at Vigour and Verve restaurant - this was not so crowded. As it is an adult only restaurant. I made some purchases at the Curio shop located on the ground floor of the Elangeni hotel. I feel I must give a mention to a lovely and experienced sales lady by the of EVE, who helped me with some gift ideas. Keep up the good work- I miss you already.
It was a privilege to say in Durban and hope in the not too distant future I will return taking some family members and friends with me to experience this wonderful hotel and city.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea-views not so suitable for children as the windows open easily
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pebbles2_13

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Have a Fantastic Breakfast Buffet.
Clean and Friendly,
The Best hotel on the beach front in Durban.
Also have a speciality Susihi ad Indian Restaurant if you look for something different.
Very good Conference Facilities

Room Tip: Nice Buffet, good Service,Very good Conference Facilities.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals and look forward to welcoming you back soon.