Reviews (2 560)
2 560 results
1 012
1 012
All reviews ocean breeze tsogo sun pool deck indian ocean in room dining golden mile room service durban beachfront sea facing family room rooms are spacious pleasant stay enjoyed my stay south africa home away from home vigour verve
954 - 959 of 2 560 reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Stayed at the hotel over the Christmas holiday period. On arrival I went to reception and was very professionally looked after, my room was ready and a porter took luggage to my room on the 2nd floor. Room clean and everything provided for a tired traveler. Lovely view of the area and beach from the window. Lovely clean bed linen and new towels in the bathroom.
The hotel was at full capacity as it was the holiday season. All staff members I met were courteous and pleasant. I had no issued with my room or dining issued. I found the food to be excellent and well priced. Had dinner on a few nights at Vigour and Verve restaurant - this was not so crowded. As it is an adult only restaurant. I made some purchases at the Curio shop located on the ground floor of the Elangeni hotel. I feel I must give a mention to a lovely and experienced sales lady by the of EVE, who helped me with some gift ideas. Keep up the good work- I miss you already.
It was a privilege to say in Durban and hope in the not too distant future I will return taking some family members and friends with me to experience this wonderful hotel and city.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea-views not so suitable for children as the windows open easily
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pebbles2_13
Samantha C, General Manager at Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Have a Fantastic Breakfast Buffet.
Clean and Friendly,
The Best hotel on the beach front in Durban.
Also have a speciality Susihi ad Indian Restaurant if you look for something different.
Very good Conference Facilities

Room Tip: Nice Buffet, good Service,Very good Conference Facilities.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Spent an overnight stay. The facilities are very well kept as the rooms seem to have been recently renovated. The service is good. Breakfast was of a high standard and the v&v restaurant setting was great. The pool deck is amazing in layout and the views can be seen. The pool is heated which made it possible to swim even in an overcast day. Would definitely consider as an option in the future to stay there again

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We visited here for 2 nights as part of a tour group. The hotel is well out of the city centre with virtually no shops nearby.
Checking in in the rather sumptuous lobby reception was Okay but they failed to tell us which of two sets of lifts to use to reach our room, so we took the wrong one first. On reaching our room our keycard and 3 others in our group failed to open the doors, so we had to trudge down to reception again to get the keycard reprogrammed.
The superior room facing the sea was quite spacious with two king beds but corporate in that there were no real features to distinguish it from other similar rooms around the world. There was only one armchair and one desk/dressing table chair. (For 2 people)? Good clothes storage.
Dining on the ground floor was all buffet and nothing out of the ordinary. The self select stir fries were very popular but rather over spiced for our tastes. Breakfast buffet was fine but nothing special. There appeared to be no proper coffee shop so we had to sit in the lobby for coffee and an exceedingly limited snack selection.
All in all a perfectly adequate place to stay whilst passing through Durban.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the front desk team not indicating which floors are serviced by the various lifts - during Group check-ins, this is usually communicated by the tour leader - however, they should have checked on this.
We have a variety of dinner restaurants on the complex, which offer an a la carte menu. The buffet restaurant is booked by tour operators for groups who are on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis, mainly to ensure that a variety of Guest preferences are catered for.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Durban.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Staff was unaccomodating
I traveled with people with disabilities and staff were highly unaccomodating and rude
The daytime manager did not come out to attend to me
After many years of staying at elangeni
I'm sorry to say this was my last trip !!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
1  Thank Raeesa M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review as well as your response on our Guest Satisfaction survey.

I am aware of the arrangement that was made to park your vehicle in a non-parking area, in order to accommodate the people in your party with special needs. As a rule, parking is not permitted in this area, which is why the Duty Manager initially refused your request.
I am sorry to hear that this incident has negatively impacted on your stay.