Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nina C
Surrey, United Kingdom

Clean hotel, friendly staff

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Jan 2024via mobile
Our room on the 23rd floor had panoramic sea views and was well appointed and very clean. The staff were friendly but the breakfast buffet, in my opinion, was not quite as good as those provided by the other hotels on our tour of South Africa.
The area around the hotel felt run down and had seen better days and for this reason I would not return unfortunately.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
R 1 162
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Durban
Reviews (1 760)
1 760 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 760 reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2023 via mobile

Excellent and is the place of my choice and today l am the member of this company southern sun I also enjoy the booking with the points I awarded by this company.Therefore I will always the first person to book in this place for holidays during the festive season

Room tip: Yes
Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 23 August 2022 via mobile

I first stayed here in 2013. I revisited this hotel in 2022 as I needed a last minute accommodation to attend a colleagues wedding. I was surprised to find that hotel hasn't changed much. We booked family room, we had a beautiful view of pier though, staff was friendly. However we were cautious not to walk around freely in the area as it's been known to be in an unsafe area. As soon as you step out of the building or even cross the street, you're in an unsafe zone. Even in daylight you aren't safe there. Food was good but limited for vegatarians. Breakfast packs are provided on checkout, which is ideal for those returning to work that day. No candles and matches in rooms and this is concerning during loadshedding or power outages. Hotel is currently upgrading their parking but still hotel is placed in an unsafe area so one needs to be cautious.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 12 July 2022 via mobile

I stayed during the Easter holidays. Unfortunately due to the flooding the hotel had lots of cancellations. However I made it down to durban without any problems.

My room was on the 15th floor. Nice large room with great views over the Indian ocean. Even got a nice birthday surprise upon check in.

Recommend the breakfast buffet. Big selection of nice full English breakfast and some tea's and coffee.

All the staff are very welcome and friendly all over the hotel. Easy to get taxis, close to the bus stop and beach.Safe location.Will stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2022 via mobile

No idea how this place is the top ranked hotel in Durban. Must be one of those where TripAdvisor has some deal with them. No drinking water in the room, terrible mattress and pillows, air conditioning didn't work, and the windows didn't open so the room was really stuffy. All night you could hear the wind howling through gaps in the window frame.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2021 via mobile

Went here again last month (November 2021) for our yearly family vacation and this hotel never disappoint. Everything is top notch , from Check in through out our stay the service was on another level.... The baffet breakfast was perfect, different foods every morning, due to covid some of the items we used to were not available plus other items were behind the counter,even for something as simple as juice,the servers would offer to bring it to you.
Mr Osborne went the extra mile to make sure that our table was always clean and our drinks always refilled, ever since we started visiting this establishment from 2015, Mr Osborne has always served us with a smile never a dull moment, Mrs Maureen from the kitchen (cold section) was a darling, she made sure my kids had fresh chocolate and blueberry muffins as she noticed that they love them.
I hope management sees this and give them credit for their outstanding efforts to make patrons happy and comfortable.
I could go on and on about this hotel...
Great stay overall.