“Carbo loading evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant with my running team as we needed to carbo load for our road race. Their pasta dishes are superb.
My personal favourite is their Prawn Panzeroti pasta. I can never get enough of that dish.
Our waiter was a star, he was our waiter/photographer. Such a great sport
Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We have been patrons of Mamma Luciana's Restaurant in Glenashley for years. We went to the Restaurant last night (group of 10 people) to celebrate a birthday and were extremely disappointed. Portions decreased to almost half of what was served before and prices have increased! Had a starter of chicken livers (2 livers) covered by 2 large pieces of bread - R65.00. Had a Combo Italiana (portion was half the size of what was usually served and in a pan half the size as well). Chips arrived cold! Napolitana sauce also shrunk to half what was previously served. My daughter ordered her usual Polo al Pesto. In the menu it states "Chicken breasts". If there was 1/2 a chicken breast, it was too much! Service was slow (took more than 90 minutes to get our food - no apology given). My starter arrived together with the Mains! Waiters have a careless attitude! What's wrong? Has management changed???

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This place was second choice for me as the restaurant I wanted was closed for a private function BUT it turned out to be a fantastic discovery. I had a combo plate with chicken, beef, and calamari all served with wonderful, interesting sauces.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Expectations were high, having had several recommendations... And Mamma Luciano's did not disappoint! Menu covers the classics and adds its own flavour with the pizza pot pie (allegedly A Thing in New York) and home-grown pasta sauces. Try the seafood cannelloni and the fillet & pesto pasta. Best to book on weekends.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived a little early for lunch,
Restaurant hadn't properly opened yet .. the management accommodated us like V.I.Ps
Till the pizza oven was ready for us to order.. Great effort guys