Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mfundiso M
Midrand, South Africa

This could have been great, but somehow loses the plot

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Dec 2018
The location is almost perfect... a walking distance from the almost forever green Musgrave Centre.

The size is ideal and the rooms are well-sized. The beds were comfortable and clean.

What we hated the most were the carpets. Fabric flooring always carries smells and in this case it was mouldy. There were also hairs all over the place!

The room that I was given on arrival had a dysfunctional air conditioning system. Imagine how was my evening in the scorching humid heat of summer Durban! Nightmare. The bathroom cupboards were aging, peeling ungraciously.

But the air-conditioning system is what bothered us the most. It is old and unsightly. You know that cheap yellow plastic colour. Yet the reception and common areas have new and more effective air-conditioning systems... this says a lot about how they view their customers.

I must admit, this situation was remedied as soon as I raised the matter the following day. But the damage was done.

Last, there is no undercover/shaded parking. In fact, there is NO parking to speak of!
Date of stay: December 2018
Room Tip: Excellent Wi-Fi
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Algotels
3.5 km from Silver Oaks Boutique Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Durban
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Ideally placed if you have business in the Musgrave area. Very good value for money. Clean, with friendly staff, secure parking, good Wi-Fi and a decent breakfast. Filling station, shopping mall and restaurants close by. A comfortable lounge with daily newspaper and magazines.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I have spent three weekends at Silver Oaks this year so far. The interior is modern and well maintained, It's an exquisite comfortable home away from home. The service is absolutely great, the staff members are very welcoming and respectful. We always find our designated suite spotlessly neat and thoroughly polished every time. I cannot wait for my next visit!

Room tip: Room 9 was the best for me
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The place is situated in a quiet area and easy to access, the room is okey but needs a bit of tlc the curtains were torn and the pedestal were coming loose it means they are old. Breakfast terrible the worst I've ever had serving tinned fruit cocktail no that's not for 4 stars place, they need to do some research for their breakfast menu

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I was very fortunate to stay at Silver Oak during my trip. After a month of travelling through South Africa, I was looking for a clean, peaceful environment in a safe yet central location. It is only fair to say that Silver Oaks exceeded my expectations. The management and staff were very helpful and proactive in ensuring that my stay was comfortable throughout. The rooms are very spacious, very clean and great value. The free breakfast is great, which includes the best porridge in SA! The hotel is located next to the musgrave shopping centre which has a Woolworths, a good variety of restaurants, and it is also close to a filling station for any late night snacks. Overall, Silver Oaks was a very comfortable, friendly and convenient place to stay. A real gem of a find in the heart of Durban.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This a really a small boutique hotel. It offers halaal food.

The rooms are spacious and clean.
They were not well thought out though: the tap on our bath could not reach the tub, so if you opened it it just ran onto the floor... We filled the tub using the shower head pulled into the tub.

The receptionist / hostess / cook / cleaner (all the same person) was really good and helpful.

I would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2017