The Saint James on Venice Guest House
US$52
US$46
  • Beachfront
US$52
All reviewshigh teababy showerdouble storeyboutique hotelsmall hotelloved our stayconference roombusiness staypleasant stayeasy accesshome away from homeroom was spaciousvenuewaterpolokudamorningsidecouch
Reviewed 31 December 2014

Everything about this small hotel was delightful. The staff were amazing, the rooms newly decorated and stylish and the area safe and secure. I will definitely stay again when in Durban. Staying there was a real "feel good " experience.....

Room Tip: The outside room where I stayed was lovely, with a small private courtyard
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 587traveller
Reviewed 15 December 2014

This is a wonderfull Place to stay! Rooms are modern and the staf is super with an excellent service!
Tip: ask The manager for things to do here in the town, she has the best tips for Everyone, no matter what you like to do.
To bad we only stayed for 1 night in Town, So we couldn't see the best of The town.

The St. James on Venice Hotel also served diner, a must visit in the Durban Area

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2014

It was my first visit to South Africa for a official reason but I wanted to get the taste of the country too. What better way but to stay away from typical high-rise hotels that you will find everywhere.
At Saint James the surroundings are so serene and the decor is so tastefully done that you immediately feel at home.
The staff is very cordial and professional. All my requirements of food, connectivity and transport were addressed on priority and personally.
The GM Ms. Meleney is an excellent host who gave me so much of her otherwise busy schedule to inform me about Durban, food, tourist places and shopping areas. I am grateful to her as she personally took me around to beach and a drive through the nearby places. I have indeed got a good friend in this unknown city.
More about the hotel - excellent food choice, wine collection, wifi, transport arrangements and in- room services (good coffee and tea choices in the room).
I also loved the little surprise of some chocolate waiting for me in the room everyday.
Overall an excellent stay highly recommended for people on official and personal visit to Durban.
Sucheta Sivaraman
India

• Stayed: November 2014
2  Thank SSivaraman
Reviewed 30 November 2014

What a pleasure to stay at the St. James. The room was tastefully decorated and very comfortable (the bed was a dream) and my husband appreciated the free wifi connection so he could work. The staff was very friendly and most helpful. We definitely will return.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shay445
Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on our recent honeymoon stay.

A well decorated and luxurious feeling hotel, with very attentive and helpful staff - Charity at the front desk took very good care of us!

We requested a room change as the first room had an open plan bedroom/bathroom! The second bathroom had a standalone bath with no shower curtain or hook which made showering very difficult! There was also a small hole in the window. This is the only reason I wouldn't give this a 5 star rating!

Apart from this, the location was convenient and the breakfast was delicious! Thumbs up!

Stayed: November 2014