Road Lodge Durban
US$115
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$99
US$71
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$175
US$142
US$186
US$140
Buckleigh Guest House(Durban)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$115
US$100
Priceline
US$124
US$104
Hotels.com
All reviewsmy home away from homerooms are cleanwithin walking distanceplace to stayvending
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Assume place to stay for the price rooms are just for sleeping and showering they don't have a microwave or kettle, you can make hot beverages like coffee at reception for a price in cluding vending machines for cold befregied and snaks. My overall exsperions is assume....

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Douglas P
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you had a great stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Where do I start...firstly, it is situated in an unsafe area of Turban. Secondly, there is a Mc Donald's right next door and thus very noisy. Thirdly, I am not sure what actually bit me, but I am covered in itchy bites. Fourthly, my TV did not work. Fifthly, there is not enough seating in the dining room, thus I stood and ate breakfast both mornings. Sixthly, the noise of the other residents made me feel like I was trying to sleep through a party and last but not least, I would not even accommodate my dog in this trash heap of a hotel. The staff were sort of friendly though.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AndyLawler
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay. Please note that Road Lodge is our budget one-star brand which we believe offers value for money to guests. However, we will certainly look into all of the matters you have raised to consider what can be done to improve the guest experience. We will also bring your comments to the direct attention of the hotel’s management. Please also note that our City Lodge Hotel Durban offers much larger rooms and a wide range of features and services.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

This a hotel good for bed & breakfast and a Mc Donalds ice cream if you are bored at night.

There wasn't anything special about my stay here.
Their breakfast is lovely, good variety.

This is a walking distance from the Durban ICC, a mini mall & taxi rank.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Reshego S
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for staying with us, and we are so glad that you had a great stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I can't say how wonderfully impressed I was by the excellent service and friendly staff. They went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable and hassle free as possible. From cleaning staff to front desk. Such a rare find these days.
Thank you!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynne V

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Stayed at this place over night, it,s in a great location, In central durban, not on the beach, but right next door to macdonalds and within walking distance of Durban ICC. The place is clean but rooms havent been updated. You might find the beds too hard and the linen has aged but still clean, they still old tv's and quite small to try to watch anything, but for the price you pay you might find the standard acceptable. the staff is not too bad, but again they are not geared to please. They offer breakfast again this is acceptable, but dont be late they really dont like it. It is also about kilometre from the taxi rank. If you are looking for a holiday, you might find the place not ideal.

Room Tip: Rooms have no views to anything
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Durban, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for the constructive review John M. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.