“A local success”
Review of CaneCutters

CaneCutters
Ranked #22 of 642 Restaurants in Durban
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Description: CaneCutters is an Authentic local Indian restaurant in trendy Glenwood, Durban. Experience the world famous durban indian bunny chow of which we are officially the best in Durban, South Africa and therefore best in the world over as this is unique to Durban. Serving Durban style Indian curries, using recipes handed down to us from our forefathers the CaneCutters.
Reviewed 29 July 2017

A small restaurant full of customers : it's always a good sign ! Excellent Durban-indian food but maybe too spicy to our taste. You can eat here or take the meals away.

1  Thank Paulo97460

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Was on a business trip and as one doesn't often find great bunnies in JHB we sought this place out.

Small little restaurant but we were looking for takeaways. There seemed to be quite a queue waiting for a table but then it was lunchtime so it is expected.

Bunny Chows were brilliant..lovely taste ..not hot at all. I assume you can request hotter if desired. A friend took chicken and he was very impressed.

I will definitely take the family there when I get the chance.

2  Thank Deckard717
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I have been waiting for a year to eat here and finally had the opportunity to buy a bunnychow here. The food was Okay. It wasn't anything special at all and was rather disappointing; I think they focussed on the day they won the bunnychow competition and I do hear good things about them but the day I went it was very very average. Britannia is still top for me but I hear there is a better place in Phoenix which I will try next time im in town

1  Thank Vash R
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Went as part of a group that visit one bunny chow outlet each month. Certainly this was one of the best mutton bunnies I have had, My son who is very fussy concerning bunny chows stated that his prawn and chicken was the best he has had. Not many outlets offer this particular bunny chow.
The place was buzzing and we had to wait for a table. This shows its popularity, and I noticed the take away counter was always busy for the hour we were there.
Can fully recommend this venue for bunny chow and reasonably priced "other" items on the menu

2  Thank irishmike60
Danesan M, Owner at CaneCutters, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear irishmike60,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the support. We hope to see you and your son soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

First time visiter to Canecutters Awesome food nice atmosphere
good service friendly staff. very busy and they deliver

1  Thank 362glenr