“Incredible restaurant in Durban!!”
Review of Cafe 1999

Cafe 1999
Ranked #3 of 700 Restaurants in Durban
Price range: US$30 - US$150
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I first came to this restaurant about 12 years ago, and I have subsequently left the country and came back for a nostalgic visit. What a fabulous treat to return!! An amazing dinner, came with friends and we all ate different things, but the deepfried olives were certainly a highlight and I had lamb cutlets with cassoulet. Cooked to perfection!
They also have a wonderful wine menu with a great selection... Next time Im back in Durban, I will definitely be stopping in!

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I celebrated my birthday last night (17/01) and came to cafe 1999 for dinner. The food has always been amazing at this restaurant but what will keep me coming back is the service! It is exceptional! I can’t remember waitron who attended to us but I love having the meals explained to me and the small details (like putting my flowers into water) are paid attention. I feel this restaurant is worth the visit and the food never disappoints.

Momus1st, Manager at Cafe 1999, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you so I have for your kind words and we hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Our party of 3 sat outside. Matt our waitron was exceptional. When he realized we were from out of town and had never eaten with them took time to explain the restaurant concept. Our food was fabulous, I had the tuna, the girls porcini pasta but the deserts were in their own league. I would highly recommend it. It was the best dinner we had whilst on this January trip

Reviewed 30 December 2017

the place seems to be not worth staying from outside.

BUT we came here 3 times in 12 days. Nice food, nice wines, nice sommelier, nice staff.
not posh, not too expensive, nice meals.

Momus1st, Manager at Cafe 1999, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! We hope that you will revisit us when next in Durban!!!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

A really neat quiet spot for the chilled lunch sit down to gather your weeks event
food was awesome but the service was even better
It is well worth th trip just to see excellent service is still up and active in our world