“VALUE FOR MONEY”

Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant
Description: Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant is designed to offer visitors a unique food experience. The restaurant boasts a private dining area, ideal for parties or corporate lunches. Families are welcome. A separate bar lounge is available to people over 18. The restaurant can seat 350 people. With a scrumptious menu, sure to satisfy all tastes, comprises of salads, entrees, homemade breads, hot dishes, roasts, vegetable dishes, sauces, a la minute section, traditional section and dessert station.
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Large variety of starters /salads...
Hot meals also good....No Fish Dishes which is disappointing.
I enquired about the fish and was told only fishcakes at salad station were available.

Good chicken stir fry.

Lots of variety at the desert station.
Waffles are to die for.

Overall food tasty...we availed of the 50% off Wednesday evenings which us great value for money.

Laurent P, Manager at Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Hello NAZ312578

Thank you for your review and rating Ubuntu Buffet the maximum 5 stars on TripAdvisor.

Thank you too for the favourable comments. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our menu so much. Wednesday's are definitely a sure way to maximise eating out and even without the special we know that we satisfy all food tastes and are always good value for money. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I previously had a nasty experience and was invited to re-visit the facility on the 14-01-2017. I was amazed by the service rendered and the special treatment from Monica, a waitress at Ubuntu. Well done and I will see you soon. The trip was worth the effort and I was surprisingly impressed with the entire afternoon. The atmosphere in the Casino was great, winning would have made it awesome. LOL.

Laurent P, Manager at Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Hello theom238
Thank you for that wonderful feedback and for giving us a second chance. I’m so pleased that you noticed such a great improvement and we will make sure that Monica knows what a large part she had to play in making your visit special. Perhaps lady luck will be on your side when you join us again. See you soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

First of all we booked a table two days in advance only to get there and have to stand around looking all pitiful as there weren't tables available as the place was packed to the rafters, and we were eventually given seating at some dark corner next to the meat buffet.

talking about the buffet there is a reason its a measly R160 what rubbish, no roast lamb or beef just pork and chicken, no seafood, no salads, and wors??? seriously wors is that why people go to buffet for a breakfast meat?? and some crappy beef stew made with some cheap cut of beef not meant to be stewed. The only saving grace was a freshly made waffle.

NEVER AGAIN. Took my mom there for her birthday and was thoroughly disappointed

the lighting is rubbish and the food even worse...

Laurent P, Manager at Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Hello MakLove

Thank you for your review. Your comments and feedback are appreciated.

I apologise that your experience did not match your expectations and that your table was not ready. This is certainly not the usual service and buffet normally on offer. Ubuntu Buffet prides itself on offering a wide selection of food that caters to everyone's taste. I'm disappointed that, in your case, this was not evident. I will pass this review onto the management team so that your comments are heard and acted upon and hope that on your next visit you will give Ubuntu another chance where I'm sure that you will notice a marked improvement.

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

The whole experience started when we made the booking, the lady on the phone was not really interested in our booking not taking any of our details, then we get to the restaurant, the music was far too loud, had to wait at least 15min for a waiter to take our drinks orders, then after that we maybe saw our waiter twice there after. There is no manager or supervisor to great you there was always staff at the front desk from the waiters to the chefs on their cell phones and looking for a charger.
The buffet, with the strong smell of bug repellent in the air unwelcoming chefs, food that looks like it's been recycled 5 times already, the meat from the roast was cold, the meat over cooked at the braai area the desserts were the worst out of all milk tart squares that tasted like rubber a so called chocolate brownie that was so dry I needed two more drinks just to wash it down, the ice cream (which was very little not even enough for a couple) was really just crushed ice with some flavor that left a after toast in your mouth after wards. The chefs would just look at you as if you meant nothing they would be leaning over the buffet counters on their phones. The warm puddings that looked like they were just slapped in, the custard had a thick dry layer and the chefs were still on the phone.

If this is what R195 per person gets you you can keep it. I really thought from the website that this place would be good as they say. I truly believe that we would have had a better meal at the wimpy.

Laurent P, Manager at Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Hello SJsmith27

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and apologise that your experience did not match your expectations.

This is certainly not the usual service and buffet normally on offer. May I ask that you make contact with me the next time that you visit so that we may discuss this further?

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Hi, for the second time we have been extremely disappointed in this restaurant we went again this week the dishes was so oily had to try and clean them with serviettes but not much help ( do you not have very hot water) again the food was ice cold all of it the carvery the vegetables all was ice cold the only edible thing was the liver pate. Management should try and pull up their socks and at opening time have all the food hot.

Laurent P, Manager at Ubuntu Buffet Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Hello Drienie V

As cleanliness is a priority across the entire Resort, your review concerns me and I will immediately address this with the staff. If I may ask, should you experience anything at the Resort that is not up to standard, that you address the matter immediately with any of managers who are on duty at that point in order to get your concerns rectified immediately. What you have reported is certainly not our normal service and practice. I do hope that you will visit again soon where you will find a marked improvement!