“Great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2017

One of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten in even in Italy. This place is amazing with a great wine list. For the food lover and foodie.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Lovely setting in the centre of Sandton, away from the crowds. Good food, good wines, excellent service and there were 12 of us! There is always a manager present. We have been many times for dinner as well and never had a bad meal. Well done to the team.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

We were looking for a good Italian experience. Alloa provided just that. Comprehensive menu complimented with a diverse wine list. Service very good.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

The restaurant is beautiful, the manager was very well informed and helpful. My boyfriend and I are vegans and so we have the continuous question of whether or not food has dairy in it. The waiter had no knowledge of this, telling me pesto has cremora in it. Eventually I asked the manager and he assisted in telling us which foods we could eat. We both had the Ai Porcini pasta. I have never had that type of mushroom so was not sure what to expect, need less to say, I do not like it even slightly. I know I am very fussy and so would not judge food based on my opinion, however, my boyfriend is not fussy at all and also thought the pasta was terrible, there was no flavour and we couldn't taste the pesto. I was very unimpressed with the food and as a consequence would not recommend them.

1  Thank kirsten875
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This restaurant is surrounded by numerous financial institutions in Sandton. I had lunch here with two financial mathematicians. The restaurant was very busy with a businesslike atmosphere. The staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. Italian type dishes were on offer on the menu and the wine list was extensive. Our pasta dishes were excellent and I will definitely return, but probably for dinner, to experience a more relaxed and non-businesslike atmosphere.

3  Thank Coenraad L