Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
SAVE US$10
Official HotelUS$98
TripadvisorUS$88
ZenHotels.com
All reviews rooms are spacious business johannesburg morningside gym suburb porter
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

I only go to this hotel if I have to - work function or show happening there ( dinner time stories) because it really is awful. Facilities are tired - toilets run, hot plates don’t work etc - but it’s mainly the really lazy awful staff. Arriving for a spectacular show today and the welcome drinks had run out - staff too busy chatting to notice of course. Have to ask rude barman what’s happening - comes back with leftovers and not what was on the menu for the show - crazy - was almost too much effort to get up and so rude. Last time was breakfast and no serving cutlery - won’t ever host a work do there again - it’s embarrassing. No idea how they landed something as lovely as dinner time stories - who fortunately use their own crew and management it seems

1  Thank CathrynSouthAfrica
GMQuat, General Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2019

Dear CathrynSouthAfrica

Thank you for taking time to share with us your displeasure, I apologise for any inconvenience caused, and assure you of my utmost attention to your concerns.

We pride ourselves on service delivery and we may not get it right all the time, I am pleased we get it right most of the time.

My Duty Manager has shared with me what transpired yesterday, and I am sure there are many ways this can be avoided in the future. Dinner Time Stories staff and team will be advised and together we will ensure that the service from the lounge to the venue will always be impeccable.

I agree with your sentiments in relation to the property looking tired, this is a focus point for 2020, as we have been bought out by Premier Hotels and budget will be provided to do so.

Once again our sincere apologies for your poor arrival experience, we are pleased you enjoyed the lunch.

Kind Regards

Jerod Flaum

Reviewed 15 November 2019

For our 25th anniversary we "experienced" Le Petit Chef at the Faircity Quatermain Hotel. What an astounding journey in the footsteps of Marco Polo!

Imagine transforming your surroundings into a sea, a desert, a spice market or a mountain of snow ... Add servers dressed accordingly; an animated guide; bowls, baskets, carpets, pots, chests and bags specific to each region; stunning presentation; as well as delicious morsels showcasing the tasty specialities of the specific areas.

Time flew while we broke bread with new friends and quaffed the perfectly chosen paired wine.

This dinner was creativity on all fronts and I would certainly recommend the adventure to anyone looking for a meal with difference for a special occasion!

Room tip: The public rooms & areas are delightfully upmarket & beautifully furnished while the bar is cosy and the outdoor area is idyllic.
Reviewed 10 November 2019

Wonderful stay at a beautiful hotel! Rooms are spacious and comfortable, elegantly decorated and very private. Gardens are immaculate and the food is delicious! We would definetly come again! A wonderful breakaway without breaking the budget!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2019 via mobile

An excellent stay. Comfy room. Friendly staff and a yummy breakfast. The peaceful ambiance. A tranquil havan in the center of a hustle and bustle of a city, Sandton. Thank you Faircity Quatermain Hotel, now Premiere.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2019

Having arrived at O R Tambo airport, picked up my rental car and negotiated the roads of the city, we managed to arrives at the designated hotel for a 3-night stay. A rather impressively guarded barrier blocked our entrance from the road, until we had surrendered our passports and booking sheet! We were told to park right opposite the hotel entrance itself! Talk about convenience! We checked in to find smiling faces and a very warm welcome, submitting our registration form to the receptionist, who responded with our key-cards and instructions to navigate the corridors, by following a porter, who gainly handled our 30kg large suitcase and 2 smaller ones! It was early afternoon, with a balmy 23.5°C and a cloudless sky… perfect weather for yours truly!

Sitting in the courtyard, outside the restaurant, was rewarded by eating a delightfully prepared 'hamburger,' if that was the right name for it! There was a bun, buried beneath the meat (beautifully cooked and really juicy) covered with tomatoes, cucumber, pickle, lettuce and sauce… I can still taste it!!

The waiter who served us was extremely kind, but very caring and determined to succeed in his duties. He was worth his weight in gold! Seriously!

For dinner, we were still suffering from extended frontal areas of our anatomies, but managed to order and eat soups, which were very tastefully made. That was all we could manage.

Breakfast, the following day was a buffet, whereupon, I decided that I could do a buffet justice, ate an enormous amount of foods, before admitting that I would be unable to repeat that performance for the following 2 days!

Our room was quiet enough for me to create a recording for War Thunder: The Shooting Range 169!

Without needing to say much more, our stay was absolutely enjoyable, with a smile and wishes that we did not want to leave!

Room tip: I do not think there are 'bad' rooms, but I asked for a central, without too far to walk and received it!
Date of stay: October 2019
GMQuat, General Manager at Faircity Quatermain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2019

Dear Granmar,

We are thrilled you enjoyed you stay with us and thank you so much for your wonderful review! The team will be pleased to know that they contributed towards making your stay with us memorable.

Please visit us again soon.

Warm regards