“Best Langoustines in Joburg”
Review of Pigalle Sandton

Pigalle Sandton
Ranked #4 of 479 Restaurants in Sandton
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the Michelangelo Towers at the Nelson Mandela Square, Pigalle Sandton has become a benchmark in urban-chic dining where government and business men and women swarm to wine and dine like kings and queens. The venue reflects the Goncalves brother's Mediterranean flair for life with its sumptuous vibe, specializing in exceptional seafood and superb international cuisine. There is something extraordinary for every palate at Pigalle with a sensational menu including impeccably prepared meat, fish and poultry dishes. Pigalle Sandton showcases elegant decor which sets a chic, up market ambience as well as successfully exhibiting and almost decadent yet exceptionally impressive urban-Baroque flavour. Lavish imported Italian fabrics, rich timber and gilded frames complete the opulent look and feel, while the smoking section boasts a breezy balcony with panoramic vistas of the Sandton CBD skyline.
Reviewed 5 May 2018

If you have craving for well executed grilled langoustines with a chili sauce on the side, this is the place to go in Joburg.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to this restaurant and my expectations were exceeded in every respect. The decor is relaxing and elegant without being overdone. The menu is maybe smaller than some other restaurants, but if you can't find something you like, then it's probably you being difficult.
The welcoming soup cup was beautifully flavored and promised a lunch to be remembered. The service was professional and attentive but the star of the show was the food!
All of our courses were fantastic! My Portuguese steak, ordered medium rare, was cooked to perfection and my wife's sole was also beautifully cooked. The stars of the meal has to be the sauces, from a peri peri dip with fresh baked Portuguese rolls, to the trinchado based sauce that accompanies the steak. They were beautifully balanced and full of flavour.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I love their Butternut Soup! Its simply amazing. They serve first small cup as appetizer. But I asked to serve again in full bowl. Must try! I love this place!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Pigalle’s Specialty lies in the Very Best Shellfish. The Ingredients are the Best. Superb. The Sauces, the Same. On my Last Visit, I had the Prawns. They were perfect - succulent, absolutely delicious. The Chips were excellent too.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Every moment engaging with this fine establishment we felt like we were treated like Royalty.

The service levels are amongst the best I have experienced in Johannesburg which makes this a very special treat when we do visit.

This was an excellent choice for Valentines Evening dinner with the set menu and wine choices superbly paired and the ambience was a celebration of love.

Our prawns and lobster were prepared to perfection. The highlight for me was the “Choc Nut IceCream Cake”. The heavens opened, Angels sang with harps and we were transported to another dimension of enlightenment. Words cannot express the orgasmic taste explosion I experienced.

Thank you Pigalle.

On a side note, the decor is a little dated now and does need a refresh.