Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
Free cancellation until 21/09/25
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$153
PricelineUS$161
TravelocityUS$159
Reviews (1 415)
1 415 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square sun deck direct access sandton city convention center excellent hotel business trip enjoyed my stay concierge convenience leisure gym conference joburg proximity porter
Selected filters
149 - 154 of 1 415 reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2019

this hotel was my fav by far and i will be staying again, I enjoyed the breakfast and the cleanness of the hotel, my room had views for days, over looking Johannesburg. the shopping area's are a walking distance and it was extremely safe

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Paradise09658255582, Guest Relations Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind comments. I am so glad to hear that overall you had a pleasant stay. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

Hotel is very good and I enjoined my stay.
location is very convenient and easy access to the mall. rooms are good and house keeping team are amazing and well trained.

Try to be at the higher floors Because it’s soo noisy at the lower floors.

Everything was amazing but the service was so bad if you are ordering anything at your room or at the sand deck terrace, they are always late.

It’s such bad to have an amazing hotel like Sandton Sun but with a bad service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Paradise09658255582, Guest Relations Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for your Positive feedback during your stay with us at Sandton Sun and for raising the issues that have occurred during your stay with us.

I have taken your feedback to heart and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your stay at the Sandton Sun.

I would therefore like to use this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2019

Thanks you Sandton Sun! my stay with you was in every way fantastic. I enjoyed the Roof deck with every opportunity possible. What an ambiance! Breakfast was more than a feast. the quality of your Linnen was amazing. thank you once again for a memorable stay in Jozi

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Best regards

Reviewed 25 May 2019

Highly recommend this hotel. I requested a in room microwave due to personal diet restrictions. It was placed before my arrival. The hotel is connected to convention and sandton city mall, it's extremely convenient for shopping or catching a train to and from airport. Very friendly and welcoming staff, the spa is also amazing. If I was to be picky, I hope to see improvement on breakfast buffet options. It wasn't many when I went. The waitress said it's because it's not weekend so the buffet isn't a full set. The pillows were too soft as well.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 18 May 2019

The hotel is beautiful and modern, well located to Gautrain station and to Mandela square. Good for shopping because it is almost inside the shopping center.
Breakfast is excelent. The mattress was the ONLY thing that was not so good .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun recently and for sharing your experience with us.

Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilize this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

Warmest Regards