Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
Free cancellation until 21/08/07
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$143
TravelocityUS$159
getaroom.comUS$174
Reviews (1 414)
1 414 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square sun deck direct access sandton city convention center excellent hotel business trip enjoyed my stay concierge convenience leisure gym conference joburg proximity porter
Selected filters
156 - 161 of 1 414 reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2019

It is always a pleasure taking my short left with Tsogo Sun Hotels. We really enjoyed the great privacy in this hotel and the way the staff treats us as clients it is commendable. Booking online was a breeze.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2019

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilise this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

We hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 8 May 2019

I really liked my room at the Sandton Sun, but it was also an easily accessible hotel, and you can take the Gautrain from OR Tambo to the Sandton Station, which is a walking distance from the hotel. You can also access the Sandton Mall and other interesting places like Mandela Square from the hotel. Only downside, the gym is next door.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
2  Thank ao1379

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2019

I have been in touch with Ms Mary Ann James, Sales Coordinator at Sandton Sun Hotel. Our group checked-in and checked-out without any hassles, while the service of the staff was exceptional. Let me also highlight the importance of Ms Mary Ann James, who was exceptional with brilliant customer service and proactiveness. She was always on call and even stayed back beyond her duty hours to help. Well done Sandton Sun, and we will always want to stay here, no matter what.

Room tip: Very Good Business Hotel (with Leisure)

Dear Valued Guest

I am pleased that our staff had a personal impact on your time here and I will ensure that they are recognised for this. Guest feedback is an essential part in ensuring that our clients are provided with the standards of quality and effective customer service that are synonymous with the heritage of the Sandton Sun.

Reviewed 5 May 2019

Good hotel if you are staying in Sandton. The room was large and bright with a very good bathroom and comfortable bed. It has a useful desk in case you need to work and the wifi and electricity were working fine despite the power cuts that were generally occurring at the time. Comfortable bed and silent. Good quality breakfast with plenty of choices. My only disappointment was the swimming pool. The service there was lacking, hardly impossible to get a sun bed and towel and most times unattended. This is the only reason for a 4 star rating on tripadvisor. Getting a drink or food was incredibly challenging, with all waiters focusing on the outside bar and not really bothering about those in the pool area. Other than that, the rest of the staff were amazing, very helpful and always smiling.

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank FOG_travels

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for advising us of the service at the pool.

I would therefore like to use this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 May 2019 via mobile

We visited this hotel recently and recommend it to anyone looking for good facilities. The hotel is in an ideal location, the room was really spacious and very clean which we really enjoyed. The team even left a bottle of champagne for us which was really special. The breakfast was also very nice with many options. Good service overall and we recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple