Lowest prices for your stay
US$159
CheapTicketsUS$159
Lol.travelUS$160
Reviews (1 414)
1 414 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square sun deck direct access sandton city convention center excellent hotel business trip enjoyed my stay concierge convenience leisure gym conference joburg proximity porter
Selected filters
282 - 287 of 1 414 reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I have stayed here 3 times and i always look forward to my stay. Large rooms, good food( breakfast has a good variety and dinner is great as well), Courteous staff, what there not to like ? Within minutes of the shopping mall. Not 5 star for me because of the absence of a complimentary airport pick up and drop off. For a 5 star hotel, this should be added as complimentary as is in other parts of the world.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for advising us of your recent stay with us.

Guest feedback is an essential part in ensuring that our clients are provided with the standards of quality and effective customer service that are synonymous with the heritage of the Sandton Sun.

We appreciate your opinion and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Excellent location, courteous staff, clean and spacious rooms., good buffet breakfast. I have been regularly using this hotel for the last 4 years. Close to shopping mall and restaurants. Highly recommend it.

Warm regards

Reviewed 26 September 2018

This is a very clean and convenient hotel. This place is connected to huge shopping place and Mandela square via the 6th floor. You don't need to walk outside. (but inside walkway is very complicated and easy to lose your way....) Rooms y big and clean. Service is also good. I takes about an hour to go to the airport by taxi. Free Wifi is available but daily amount of data is limited.
Free breakfast is available on the 2nd floor.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilise this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

We hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Well I enjoyed every bit of my stay at the Sandton Sun Hotel. From arrival to departure everything was profound.It was our 21st anniversary and I decided to spend a night at the Sandton Sun Hotel and boy o boy I loved every bit of it. From arrival to the make up of my room, the extra eats that was provided, the bedding make up with the rose petals and the friendliness of the staff made my anniversary romantic and extra special.I had a problem with the bathroom door being broken. I called reception to complain and I must say that I was overwhelmed when the duty manager as a measure of good gesture upgraded my room to a suite.My wife was treated to one of the best body massages that she has had in a long time. It was just unfortunate that I could not treat myself to one because of availability. Overall it was fantastic and hospitality of the highest class. Sandton Sun... You guys Rock!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mohammedriyaze
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Best regards

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Great Location with easy access to Sandton City Shopping Mall. Beautiful hotel with trendy modern decor. Clean rooms & friendly staff.I am Looking forward to the renovations of the roof top. Sandton Sun is my favorite hotel from the Tsogo Sun Group.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

warm regards