Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
ZenHotels.comUS$156
Reviews (1 415)
1 415 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square sun deck direct access sandton city convention center excellent hotel business trip enjoyed my stay concierge convenience leisure gym conference joburg proximity porter
Selected filters
286 - 291 of 1 415 reviews
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Well I enjoyed every bit of my stay at the Sandton Sun Hotel. From arrival to departure everything was profound.It was our 21st anniversary and I decided to spend a night at the Sandton Sun Hotel and boy o boy I loved every bit of it. From arrival to the make up of my room, the extra eats that was provided, the bedding make up with the rose petals and the friendliness of the staff made my anniversary romantic and extra special.I had a problem with the bathroom door being broken. I called reception to complain and I must say that I was overwhelmed when the duty manager as a measure of good gesture upgraded my room to a suite.My wife was treated to one of the best body massages that she has had in a long time. It was just unfortunate that I could not treat myself to one because of availability. Overall it was fantastic and hospitality of the highest class. Sandton Sun... You guys Rock!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mohammedriyaze
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Great Location with easy access to Sandton City Shopping Mall. Beautiful hotel with trendy modern decor. Clean rooms & friendly staff.I am Looking forward to the renovations of the roof top. Sandton Sun is my favorite hotel from the Tsogo Sun Group.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

warm regards

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Staff were quite responsive to my very early check-in. The room was quite clean and quality above the standard paid for.. Hotel has a spectacular Atrium enhanced by a huge string of lights chandelier. Breakfast was elaborate and tasty. Proximity to the Sandton Convention Center where my conference held - connected via a well lit sky walk - was an added bonus, as well as proximity to the mall. Courteous/Polite/knowledgeable staff, including Security. Great value for money and highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for a night in between busy meetings and work commitments. The hotel was very busy, but from the concierge desk, to the staff in the restaurant,everyone was friendly and helpful. A great accomplishment considering how busy the hotel was.

Our room was neat, clean and well appointed and a real bonus was the proper coffee served in the room. I found the room quiet, despite city traffic way down below and the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast the next morning was a real treat. I think this should be the standard to which hotels are measured. Fresh croissants, breads, fruit and cheese and a selection of cold meats from the all over the world! We never got to the dishes from hot selection as we were done after our cold breakfast buffet, but I will make sure to return for a second breakfast run soon.

The staff dressed especially for heritage day on Friday and i was pleased to see how proud the team are of their history and customs.

I will definitely plan another romantic treat with my wife at this hotel in the near future!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun recently and for sharing your experience with us.

Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilise this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Excellent hotel - top rate rooms, fantastic service and staff. Amazing Atrium and glass elevators. Fantastic breakfast, tea and other meals. Direct entry to Mall and Convention Centre. Alluring and beautiful scent throughout atrium and lobby. Front Desk, Concierge and Bell Desk all provide excellent service. Housekeeping very polite and efficient. Private cars and taxis available on immediate notice. Will definitely recommend to family and friends and will stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business