Lowest prices for your stay
US$180
TravelocityUS$180
getaroom.comUS$192
Reviews (1 414)
1 414 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square sun deck direct access sandton city convention center excellent hotel business trip enjoyed my stay concierge convenience leisure gym conference joburg proximity porter
Selected filters
292 - 297 of 1 414 reviews
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I would like to register my sincere thanks to all the staff at Sandton Sun hotel. The hotel is fantastic, but the staff make a stay at Sandton Sun a genuinely fabulous experience. It is hard to pick out individual employees for special praise, because everyone in the hotel, from the concierge team, to the reception staff, to the restaurant staff, and the guest room cleaning staff are so incredibly friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble, and the staff are a credit to the organisation. After a long overnight flight from the UK, the initial welcome at the hotel, and a fuss-free check-in are critical to the guests' impression of the hotel. The concierge and reception staff are second to none. I have stayed in many hotels all over the world, for both business and leisure, and Sandton Sun compares extremely favourably with everywhere I have stayed. Many thanks indeed - we will definitely be staying in Sandton Sun when we visit Johannesburg next time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

I am pleased that our staff had a personal impact on your time here and I will ensure that they are recognised for this. Guest feedback is an essential part in ensuring that our clients are provided with the standards of quality and effective customer service that are synonymous with the heritage of the Sandton Sun.

We appreciate your opinion and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

best regards

Reviewed 18 September 2018

The atmosphere is exceptionally good. It meets my need and I believe that it does the same to many. I always prefer private spaces. It's a place you can always come to refresh yourself. The brand itself sums it up.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This hotel is an old part of Sandton but is ever renewed. It is large and accomodates a lot of visitors but the Staff are always there to help. The lounge is perfectly situated with newspapers every day and service for any food required. It leads out onto a patio which is supurb and has place to sit and have lunch or drinks. It also has a fantastic view of Johannesburg's Northern Suburbs. The staff are very attentive and await whatever one orders. The rooms are elegant and fashionable and very luxurious. One has only to walk a short distance and be in Sandton City, the Shopping Mall of Africa. Further, one needs only go down to the entrance and a Porter organises a taxi in no time. Certainly a great place to meet for business and relax when not meeting or shopping. There are other restaurants in the Sandton Square but the hotel boasts a wonderful restaurant with a wide variety of food. Definitely a place to stay in ther richest half mile in Africa.

Room tip: Try and get a room at as high as the levels go. It gives a good view and is not inconvenient. There is a lift running all day and night.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Best regards

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This is a classy hotel in the heart of the financial district. The attached upscale shopping venue and Mandela courtyard make this place the perfect spot to stay. Rooms are new, fresh, beautifully appointed and adorned with comforts.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Decent property. The rooms are more modern and spacious, than the sister property at the Intercontinental next door, but for a frequent traveller I would not describe them as memorable. Some facilities, such as the gym, are shared with the Intercon

Service wise, I felt that the could have been warmer, but par for course in South _Africa.

Excellent location. No integrated with the Sandton City mall, and great lounge bar and restaurant downstairs.

No real reason not to go back, and good for a short JNB stay.

Date of stay: August 2018