Lowest prices for your stay
US$156
PricelineUS$156
FindHotel
Reviews (1 415)
1 415 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square sun deck direct access sandton city convention center excellent hotel business trip enjoyed my stay concierge convenience leisure gym conference joburg proximity porter
Selected filters
299 - 304 of 1 415 reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Great service, well appointed rooms, excellent location, what more can one ask for? For a busy business hotel the attention to detail and smiling employees make one's stay always a pleasant experience.However there were some renovations going on with the outside bar area and drilling started early Friday morning. Without any notification made to the guests on check-in or in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for advising of your recent stay with us.

I would therefore like to use this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Our family (including 2 teenagers) recently spent just one night at the Sandton Sun on a stop over in Joburg. I wished we were there longer! We were accommodated in interconnecting rooms: a double and twin on the 11th floor which proved to be perfect for us. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well equipped. The staff were friendly and helpful right through from when I made the booking and arranged airport pickup to our departure. We eat dinner in the bar and the food was varied, tasty and plentiful, and service excellent. The hotel is well situated with easy access to the shopping mall and Mandela square. We would definitely be happy to return to the Sandton Sun!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Sandton Sun Hotel is everybody's ideal choice for comfort, fun and refreshment away from home. The hotel staff serving in different capacities performed very professionally.

Sandton Sun is really value for money with very excellent location which makes movement seemless.
I will recommend Sandton Sun Hotel any day any time. My 4 night stay remains one of the best away from home so far!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming back.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

From attentive doorman to unfortunately I have forgotten his name, beautiful luxurious hotel features as you enter, Nqobile was well poised and professional too. We were on the 19th floor and as the lift goes up you can't help but marvel at the beauty and glamorous chandelier all the way up. Room is spacious the Mrs loved the romantic turndown service. The service and the ambiance in the bar is phenomenal not even sure who was our barman because all the guys were hands on in assisting with orders. At breakfast we were spoilt for choice with a wide range of varieties Tshepo was our helpful waiter, we loved the omelets and the presentation of them. Not forgetting Mohammed who checked us out. I'd return in a heartbeat.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am pleased that our staff had a personal impact on your time here and I will ensure that they are recognised for this. Guest feedback is an essential part in ensuring that our clients are provided with the standards of quality and effective customer service that are synonymous with the heritage of the Sandton Sun. We appreciate your opinion and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 September 2018

One of the best hotels in Johannesburg . The staff are very attentive to ones personal needs and the rooms are exceptionally clean. Its location is another great feature of this hotel. This is a real home away from home for me.

1  Thank 446fatimah