Sandton Sun
US$114
US$103
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Glenalmond Hotel Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$169
Priceline
Reviews (1 033)
1 033 results
All reviewsshopping malldirect accessnelson mandela squaresun decksandton citynespresso machineconvention centerexcellent hoteltsogo sunworld classhouse keepingbusiness hotelbusiness tripsouth africaenjoyed my staygautrain stationvinny
42 - 47 of 1 033 reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We booked a romantic package, we got a room upgrade. The room was amazing and we got much more than expected, champagne, a lovely dessert, bed full of roses, chocolates and water, dinner at the restaurant, in-room breakfast and a lovely massage at the spa! The service from all the hotel employees was astonishing. The stay was everything one can ask for. Thank you, guys!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Elliot M, Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Mr Andrew,

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Best regards,

Elliot Msibi

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Excellent stay. Staff very friendly and courteous. The gentleman receptionist was engaging and made our stay. The hotel room was very clean and modern. Our dinner and the services was of a high standard. Really enjoyed our stay and can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This hotel is in a great location. Right in a shopping centre which was very safe to walk round. Loads of eating places within a 5 minute walk. Hotel itself is beautiful with lovely rooms. The pool area is very peaceful with a lovely bar that comes alive at night. We will return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Elliot M, Front Office Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Anna,

Best regards
Elliot Msibi.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Beautiful and calming suite with wonderful views. Five star service overall. will definitely return

Breakfast is good and satisfactory.

Hotel is in a great location to the mall.

Great hotel to choose in JHB

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Best regards,
Elliot.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Terrible service throughout our stay. Booked a suite for 3 nights which cost over R5k per night and expected superior service. Sadly, this expectation was not met. Stayed at this hotel many times previously, at least 3 times a year and this time was a total disappointment. I will not stay here again. Staff have poor hospitality skills and their attitude throughout the stay was as it they are doing us a favour and most of the time just brushed off our requests as if we should sort ourselves out, when its their job to do so. Breakfast was a total disaster and no control over who was at breakfast and who hotel guests were etc. We were not even asked for our room number etc for 3 nights and can't understand how that was possible. Sadly, I would not stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone else. Hotel needs to send their staff for training on what hospitality is all about and fire those who can't understand nor have the mentality to understand what their job duties are and how to follow them and treat hotel guests.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Elliot M, Front Office Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Mr Rashin

Thank you for raising the issues that have occurred during your stay with us. The service you received was certainly not befitting a five star establishment and I truly regret that your experience fell short of any expectations one should have of a five star hotel.

I have taken your feedback to heart and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your stay at the Sandton Sun.

Best regards