Reviews (1 124)
1 124 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square direct access sandton city sun deck nespresso machine convention center tsogo sun excellent hotel business trip business hotel south africa enjoyed my stay gautrain station vinny atrium convenience
194 - 199 of 1 124 reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Housekeeping left my door open all day. I requested to speak with a manager but he wouldn’t meet with me face to face in the business center and only spoke with me over the phone. Fortunately nothing was missing from my room. The manager said he would investigate and follow up with me but I never heard back from him.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for advising us of the open bedroom door during your stay with us. We have investigated the matter and found nothing untoward.

Guest feedback is an essential part in ensuring that our clients are provided with the standards of quality and effective customer service that are synonymous with the heritage of the Sandton Sun.

We appreciate your opinion and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Extremely helpful and professional staff at check in and check out. Very spacious and clean room, mini bar well stocked. I prefer to bath (in very little water and wash my hair in the bath), but did find rinsing my haire difficult - may I suggest a hand shower?

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilise this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

We hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stayed 2 nights - room was quiet, clean and convenient. Hotel was quite full but never noisy - service at the front desk very efficient, valet parking good and not expensive. Service at the bar on the 6th floor abysmal - being white made us totally invisible. Otherwise everyone was very pleasant and friendly. Not the cheapest but we felt valued and we were relatively safe in a scary city.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilise this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

We hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Staying at The Sandton Sun is definitely value for money, while I attend to my business meetings, my wife still goes out shopping without me driving her around, just a walk to the mall without going outside the hotel, the staff welcomes us with smiles and respect.

1  Thank NtombifuthiG2

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. The location is perfect - directly connected to the Sandton City/Mandela Square high-scale shopping mall, and only 5 minutes from the Sandton metro station, from where one can reach OR Tambo airport in 15 minutes. My stay was overly pleasant. Because my check-in process took longer than 5 minutes, I was upgraded from an executive room to a suite, which was a nice gesture. The only negative comment relates to my departure - I requested a shuttle to take me to the metro station, and was made to wait for 1 hour, because they forgot to call the shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay with your shuttle, I have personally communicated this to the relevant line managers so that our guests do not experience this in future.

Warm regards