Reviews (1 122)
1 122 results
All reviews shopping mall nelson mandela square direct access sandton city sun deck nespresso machine convention center tsogo sun excellent hotel business trip business hotel south africa enjoyed my stay gautrain station vinny atrium convenience
194 - 199 of 1 122 reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stayed 2 nights - room was quiet, clean and convenient. Hotel was quite full but never noisy - service at the front desk very efficient, valet parking good and not expensive. Service at the bar on the 6th floor abysmal - being white made us totally invisible. Otherwise everyone was very pleasant and friendly. Not the cheapest but we felt valued and we were relatively safe in a scary city.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Robert J, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. Your comments are of vital importance to us and we utilise this to continually evaluate and improve on the service we offer.

We hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Staying at The Sandton Sun is definitely value for money, while I attend to my business meetings, my wife still goes out shopping without me driving her around, just a walk to the mall without going outside the hotel, the staff welcomes us with smiles and respect.

1  Thank NtombifuthiG2

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Trip Advisor. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. The location is perfect - directly connected to the Sandton City/Mandela Square high-scale shopping mall, and only 5 minutes from the Sandton metro station, from where one can reach OR Tambo airport in 15 minutes. My stay was overly pleasant. Because my check-in process took longer than 5 minutes, I was upgraded from an executive room to a suite, which was a nice gesture. The only negative comment relates to my departure - I requested a shuttle to take me to the metro station, and was made to wait for 1 hour, because they forgot to call the shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay with your shuttle, I have personally communicated this to the relevant line managers so that our guests do not experience this in future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Really enjoyed this hotel, great personnel and perfectly located when on a business trip. Full option inside all served with a smile. The restaurant has a nice chill-out terrace too with a few fireplaces, love to come back one day!

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

A hearty facility in the heart of Sandton with an abundance of facilities. The staff is very courteous with welcoming smiles. The restaurant is nicely located and has a decent menu that meets good standards. The rooms are extremely clean as well

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

We appreciate your positive feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you on many future occasions.