Sandton Sun
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$596
US$321
Hotels.com
US$119
US$112
CedarWoods of Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$78
Reviews (1 025)
1 025 results
All reviewsshopping malldirect accessnelson mandela squaresun decksandton citynespresso machineconvention centerexcellent hoteltsogo sunworld classhouse keepingbusiness hotelbusiness tripsouth africaenjoyed my staygautrain stationvinny
FilterAll languages
271 - 276 of 1 025 reviews
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the grand presidential suite with my family. Absolutely amazing experience, staff were quite friendly. The room was huge and out of this world with lovely complimentary items from the hotel. The hotel leads directly into the Sandton City Centre which provides a unique shopping experience.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great five star review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Your views are of utmost importance to us and thank you again for your positive comments about the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Disappointed aswell as dissatisfaction and for a presidential suite "so not cool"..its liek any other room not what was expected...I enjoyed all my previous stays but this was my worst stay ever and I don't even know id I should advise people staying there ever

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I was most disappointed to hear that you found your stay not to the standards expected and please accept my personal apologies for this. I'd love to hear more about your experience as I truly value all comments and utilise them in the ongoing improvement of the product and services offered.

I hope you will afford us the opportunity to rectify your impressions of the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Each year we spend the last three nights of the year at the Sandton Sun (for the last couple of years).

The hotel definitely deserves the five stars its rated, the food is amazing, the staff are friendly and ever ready to please. From the time we arrived we were welcomed by Vinny, we were checked in by Betty and from then on everyone was just as fantastic.

The room very well appointed, good coffee machine and brand new amenities. We were given an upgrade which was welcomed! Breakfast has everything one would expect from a 5 star hotel, pity we couldnt get seating for dinner at the restaurant at new years (apparently booked out months in advance) but that wasn't a big issue.

The hotel is connected to Sandton City so shopping is very convenient as well as other eateries.

Room service was efficient and well presented, through to checkout.

Thanks to all at the Sandton Sun for a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Yusuf G,

Thank you for your feedback and also for choosing to stay with us at Sandton Sun. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to see you and on many future occasions. We are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve on the product and services we offer so if there is anything, however small which you feel would have improved on your time here or could perhaps enhance a future visit, please feel free to drop me a short message.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sandton Sun.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Lovely place to stay especially if you plan to shop at Sandton City mall. Staff is very friendly and helpful, even had a waitress who greeted us with a big hug and smile every morning. Terrific concierge. Reason only 4 stars: other than great service by staff at breakfast, there was nothing else particularly good about the breakfast so I cannot give it five stars. The hot food was never hot and instead of refilling buffet dishes when they half empty, the staff would wait until there was not much on the dish before refilling them. If we ordered hot food from the kitchen, it took a very long time to come out even on days when the restaurant wasn't busy. The menu had V next to an item we ordered but it came with fish and the entire rest of the dish tasted like fish. The over easy eggs I ordered were hard, there weren't enough plates when the restaurant was busy. The refreshments in the room were not replaced consistently during our stay and after we used two mugs the first day, we were given only one from then on. (There were three of us in the room). The binder in the room was broken, (same problem as last year), the telephone did not always work, nor did the face light in the bathroom. Definitely not a lively hotel and over the time we were there, there were very few people around the lounge and bar area. I would not recommend it for singles but for families it is good value. Rooms not as chic as newer hotel such as Da Vinci but less expensive than it too.

Room Tip: As high up as possible so quieter
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such a candid review. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay overall. Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay as well as the service you received at breakfast, this is not the standards we aspire to at Sandton Sun. I will ensure that the respective Head of department is made aware of your comments and that the appropriate action is taken to rectify the situation.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is superb. Service is acceptable as they provide what they supposed to do without being friendly. Breakfast is the worst in the Tsogo Sun group. I think they employed their worst chefs at this hotel. Housekeeping is very efficient. Will not recommend as there are far better hotels for the same price range.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that you found our breakfast to be below expectations. This is not the standard we expect or strive for and it is disappointing that we have missed this opportunity during your stay. I have personally communicated your concerns to the relevant line manager for his immediate attention.