“A truly amazing hotel and spa!”
Review of Sandton Sun

Sandton Sun
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 30 July 2015

I visit this hotel regularly with work and my only disappointment was that I haven't visited the spa before in the 7 years I have been coming here!
I had the 'African Goddess' facial with Michelle and it was incredible. The decor, the rooms and the professionalism of the staff were exceptional upon arrival. The treatment however was one of the best facials i've had (and I regularly visit spas/have massages). My therapist Michelle was knowledgable about the products and provided a treatment that really did exceed my expectations. I LOVED the products from Africology and purchased quite a few after my treatment.
I will be next next month.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Dear Traveler

Thank you for your kind comments and perfect rating. I will be sure to let Michelle know how much of an impact she made on your experience. I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Kind Regards

Peter Davidson - General Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2015

The fact that it is attached to the Sandton mall helps a lot for shopping, recreation
Amazing service at the hotel (big warm smiles)
Great terrace and very fine food and breakfasts
Very close to Sandton's Mandela square for fine restaurants

Room Tip: Avoid the construction area pool side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. We take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel after our major rooms refurbishment in September 2015.

Warm Regards
Peter Davidson - General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2015

While the hotel has got that 'yester-year' feel to it, that has everything to do with the era it was built in and not a reflection of the actual service delivery. The hotel itself is in a great location, adjoining the Sandton Mall, and the staff at every point of contact were consistently good.

The main restaurant menu was a little short on options of Vegetarians, but otherwise had good choice.

The rooms are a good size, and the turn down service every time is a really nice touch. They were even able to offer family rooms with two queen size beds, which makes it excellent for families as well, and not only business.

Breakfast is a fabulous, really large spread, with lots of options from the kitchen as well.

While it is not a swanky modern joint, it is still an excellent choice to stay.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank africanadventurist

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that our restaurant menu did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns and feedback have been passed on to all relevant departments.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel after the major rooms refurbishment in September.

Best Regards
Peter Davidson – General manager

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

I'm terribly appalled by the shocking denial of blanket on a chilly afternoon whilst out with friends. We came for drinks and were offered to be seated by the bean bags. At the time it was cold and the fire was not lot and was denied the comfort of a blanket by two waiters and also refused by the manager Musi. Where is the concern for a guests comfortability? Where I paid 5k for a stay or 200 for a bottle of wine. The conditions are unacceptable. Will not visit your establishment again and will not recommend it to any of my international contacts. The sad part is that blankets were offered to people seated in the same bean bags next to us?! And low and behold the guests seated after just got blankets!!!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Dear Gizelle,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies that you found the restaurant service to be below your expectations. This is not the standard we expect or strive for and it is disappointing that we have missed this opportunity during your visit. Our food and beverage manager has ensured that corrective measures have been put in place to avoid this from happening again.

I hope you will afford us the opportunity to rectify your impressions of the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards
Peter Davidson
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

High class, premium hotel where perfect located.
Quite, modern, well qualified staff, profesional service.
Center of J'burg City,
Easy access to everywhere tgat you need,
Professional shuttle servicess also available private car with driver for special needs.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
PeterDavidson01, General Manager at Sandton Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Hakan S

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Sandton which can bring our guests to just a few steps away from the must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences.

We are currently undergoing a major refurbishment in our rooms, corridors and conference venues and would love to have you back to experience the new and improved Sandton Sun. We expect to open in September 2015. Send us an email inquiry on Sandtonsun.reservations@tsogosun.com or give us a call on +27 (0) 11 780 5000.

Warm Regards - Peter Davidson - General Manager