Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews club room atrium restaurant sandton shopping centre rooms are spacious excellent hotel bit dated restaurants and shops easy access five star hotel gautrain station gym johannesburg business porter
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

We checked into Santon InterContinenal after arriving at 8.30 am . The hotel was not running full so they were kind enough to allow us an early check in , which we appreciate . It was especially convenient after taking a long red eye flight . They serve an early breakfast which is not very pricey . We had to pay for breakfast it is fully priced for Adults and kids are allowed to eat at half the price . The hotel did not give us connecting rooms as they were unavailable but we don’t know if they have connecting rooms , you may want to check if you are traveling with small kids . The rooms are big but and can do with some renovation.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank AlwaysVP
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2019

Thank you for your posting on this platform.

Your detail description of the hotel and your positive comments are appreciated and will be shared with the team. The hotel does not have inter-connecting rooms except for the Paraplegic room and the Penthouse Suite. We are in the process of renovating all bedrooms. Look forward to your next stay and to show off our newly refurbished rooms.

Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

Very convenient if you are attending meetings in Sandton. Rooms are clean and food is nice. Staff are super friendly and very helpful. Connected to the mall and a few minutes walk from Mandela Square. One of my favorite in Sandton.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Thank you for your Posting on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments and your experience are appreciated and will be shared with the team.
Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 23 May 2019

I stayed here 18 years ago and visited a few times since and it is still one of the best stays you can have in Sandton and linked with Sandton City. Convenient and top quality recommended as a member of Luxury Hoteliers world wide.

Date of stay: June 2018
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2019

Thank you for your Posting on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments are appreciated and will be shared with the team. Your ongoing support over that past 18 years is also appreciated. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

I have tried four hotels in Johannesburg and this one ranks #4. It is not the worst hotel in the world by any means but just doesn’t match the other three.

- They checked me into a room that was occupied. I went in and there were someone else’s clothes and bags all over the place
- They then switched me to a second room that stank of cigarette smoke and the toilet was full of brown water
- They eventually found me a third room
- at 11:30pm - but the service speed and quality was truly terrible.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CCF_love2travel
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

Your experience on arrival at the hotel is so unfortunate and also unacceptable. I will investigate this matter fully and would like to give you feedback. Please email me on kaliq.essop@icsandtontowers.com

Thank you for this constructive feedback. i would like to change your perception of the hotel. Please make contact with me on the email address above.

Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel after flying for nearly 20 hours from Perth Australia via Sydney so I was a bit tired. As soon as my car pulled up at the hotel entrance hotel staff approached to greet me and collect my bags. Check-in was smooth and staff acknowledged my platinum status and provided me with a complimentary upgrade.

A staff member accompanied me to my room with my luggage and then provided me with a comprehensive tour of the room and its features. I've never had that done before. It was an excellent large room with king size bed, a walk in cupboard, office area/lounge, large bathroom with separate shower, bath and toilet. It also had all the equipment you could need including a Nespresso machine. Each of the two nights I was there there was a turn down service.

I only had two meals during my stay. Dinner on the night of my arrival and breakfast the following morning. Only a la carte was available for breakfast but there were still ample options available. The restaurant is a large spacious room with lots of natural light with large windows overlooking the street.

Checkout was smooth too so was on my way to the airport quickly.

Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was excellent and the staff were all very helpful, friendly and professional. I look forward to returning here when I visit this city in the future.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

Thank you for your posting on this Platform.

Your detail description of your positive experience is appreciated and will be shared with the team. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary upgrade and thank you for being our Platinum member.

I look forward to your next visit.