All reviews club floor atrium restaurant nelson mandela square sky bridge nespresso machine in the room corner room convention center room service rooms are large very nice hotel the general manager sandton sun mini bar an upgrade sandton area shopping mall hotel staff
Reviewed 31 July 2018

My work brings me to Johannesburg nearly once a month for the past year. The InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, is always the first choice for me and my colleagues.

The hotel's facilities are top notch, excellent food in the restaurant, the workout room is spacious with a broad variety of weights and machines. With the hotel attached to the mall, top end shopping and additional dining are easily reached by walking through the skywalks to Mandela Square.

We check in on the Club Floor (26) where Tumi Links and Daddy Mahlomoine provide the best service available at any Intercontinental Hotel around the world. As a top tier member in 4 hotel chains, I find the InterContinental Towers stands above most, if not all.

During my last stay, Sebenziie Xaba was the housekeeper for my suite. Her work was excellent and efficient. I hope she is assigned to me next month when I am in town.

Over all the hotel cannot be beat for convenience and comfort. We routinely conduct meetings there, and our 'guests' at the hotel are always impressed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

Your detail positive comments are appreciated and will be shared with the team especially Tumi,Daddy and Sebenzile. They will receive special reward and recognition. Please email me directly on kaliq.essop@icsandtontowers.com regarding your next stay and I will make sure that Senbenzile is assigned to your room.

Thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I had the most phenomenal stay! The hotel is incredibly beautiful and well-kept. Check-in was so quick and the staff made me feel very special from the moment I arrived. The turn down service at night was a real treat and the view from the 19th floor was such a pleasure to wake up to! Great location for city-explorers or those who need to be in the business hub of Sandton.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team especially the Check-in colleagues and the Turn-down colleagues.

Look forward to your next stay in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Loved the hotel, it was clean and the staff friendly and I really loved that it went directly into the mall, no driving needed as there were great Resturaunts in the mall and across the road from the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments are highly appreciated and will be shared with the team.

Look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Met up with friends for drinks at the Intercontinental. The ambience is lovely and the service was five star. The prices were also commensurate to the five star status of the hotel , so do keep that in mind if you’re on a budget.

There was plenty of parking which was useful. There was also easy access to the Mandela Square and surrounding malls (Sandton City Mall).

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

Your positive comments have been noted and will be shared with the team.

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I have stayed here probably 10 times in 4 years ...loved the team , safe place , good rooms , good food ...well this time I was shocked

I'm not remotely racist , I don't care if your pink from the planner mars ....really it's about your personality and outlook on life that I like ....

Issues :

Nespresso coffee machine does not work , fixed it after 10 minutes
Shower door does not close
Vanity mirror ripped off the wall
15 minute wait to book in ...with only 1 person being dealt with , I then get dragged up stairs to check in as the reception melts down
Gym had no sweat towels

Now all

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

Your comments both positive and constructive have been noted. It is concerning with regards to the number of issues raised and I will investigate immediately. Kindly contact me on kaliq.essop@icsandtontowers.com to discuss the issues and ensure that this does not occur again.

Your support over the last 4 years is appreciated and I would like it to continue. I look forward to your reply.