“The Best InterContinental In The World”

InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Sandton
Reviewed 31 May 2017

For someone who has stayed at as many InterContinental Hotels as I have... for me to say that the InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers excels In service, food quality and room cleanliness hands down out of any other InterContinental's that I have been at Is a big deal. I was so impressed with this property that I am already looking at coming back. It's amazing what the staff and service quality can do to a first Impression. From the little things such as the Ferrero Rocher's at the Club Check In to the turndown service and the super impressive In Room Dining Menu. The Restaurant Breakfast Is exceptional! Mfana was always there ready for me with my favourite food items! Emanuel the porter was always willing and addressed me by name! Moqueen the airport transfer driver was impeccable. I did have some Issues with the tour company that the hotel uses but this was swiftly addressed by the Head Concierge, Lizelle Koster. I dealt with Lizelle and It Is safe to say that the guests satisfaction Is her priority. Here we have a woman who actually loves what she does and Is superb at It. Please give her a huge commendation from me. She Is a true asset to your hotel. A special thank you to the Housekeeping department who I believe are the hardest working In the hotel. You always kept my suite immaculate! Your attention to detail made the difference. Well done on being amazing. Thank you InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, I will be seeing you again. To the General Manager... You should be proud of yourself, I will not be forgetting this stay In a hurry and will definitely be recommending our clients to your hotel from my travel agencies.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for using this platform to detail your experience.

It is very inspirational and motivational to receive such compliments which I will share with the team especially the individuals mentioned. Thank you for recognizing Lizelle for her service recovery and her passion for her Job. I will personally thank her and reward her accordingly.

Look forward to your next stay soon and meeting you in person.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a perfect location in the heart of sandton. They have a special alley to connect with sandton mall. The breakfast is awsome with a wide variety. The staff are friendly but a bit slow. A great place for travellers

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your tripadvisor posting.

Your comments both positive and constructive have been noted. I will share with the team and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We were in J'burg for a day and wanted a place in a safe neighborhood with shopping and good food without having to leave the property and the Intercontinental was the perfect choice. The Sandton suburbs of Jo'burg is considered one of the safer neighborhoods, it has two malls which you can access from a skywalk. The Mandela Square has some very nice dining options.
The rooms are very nice and tastefully done and the room service is great.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Saraltalwar

Thank you for your posting on tripadvisor.

I am glad that we were able to deliver to your expectation. Your detail experience on this platform is appreciated.

Look forward to your next visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I have just 24 hours in Johannesburg and for years I have wanted to go to The Lion Park. The wonderful Concierge help set everything for the next morning and ensured we made it back for our flight late that afternoon. The entire hotel staff were wonderful. The hotel is well kept close to shopping and wonderful restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and most importantly stay again whenever I am in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.

I will share your experience with the team and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This hotel is perfectly located in the centre of Sandton and connected to the convention centre, the mall and surrounded by other restaurants and shops. I was allocated a room on the top floor and had the most amazing views over Sandton. The rooms were spacious and luxurious and I had no trouble with the wifi. I felt completely safe during my stay and staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Kaliq E, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for using this platform to detail your great experience. Look forward to your next stay soon.