US$264
US$127
US$280
US$171
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

US$137
US$115
US$79
US$71
Agoda.com
All reviewsclub flooratrium restaurantnelson mandela squaresky bridgenespresso machine in the roomgreat hotelcorner roomconvention centerhotel gymroom servicerooms are largeupgraded to a suitesandton sunseparate showerthe general managermini barrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 6 September 2015

We've used this hotel a few times when passing thru Johannesburg. The staff are always very kind to us and cannot do enough. We've been fortunate at times to get access to the Club Lounge, with its lovely food spreads and great comfort. We love the superbly comfortable beds; the bathrooms are spacious and amenities are tops. Wandering around the Sandton shops and cafes is fun, in between more serious pursuits (though right now a lot of rehab happening). All in all, a very fine hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Dear Ann O, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us plus the location. I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in 2015!

Reviewed 4 September 2015

We had previously stayed here 18 months ago and it was awful.
We swore we wouldn't stay again but a family emergency saw my husband having to stay here for convenience to the location he needed to be,
I had made the booking so they were expecting me.
Full credit to the team, our dissatisfaction had been noted on our profile and when he checked there was personal service from the duty manager to ensure he was happy. They had provided flowers in the room for me.

Apparently there is a whole new management team and he told me it was vastly improved,
Breakfast which had been so bad was very good.
We also had a follow up email on his return from the manager,
It was definitely worth giving them a second chance, thank you

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

Dear Janet W, I am pleased that you husband enjoyed his recent stay with us and found things much improved, incluiding the breakfast. However, I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to the hotel again in 2015.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

What a way to end our trip would have liked another night just to soak up the 5 star service and facilities. Great location, with a internal sky bridge from the hotel to Sandton Mall which has everything from designer labels stores to inexpensive clothing store, restaurants, banks etc a one shop stop.
The staff and service was fantastic...I was certainly made to feel special. I made a note on my booking that was celebrating husbands birthday and when we got back from been out to dinner there was a bottle of champagne and a beautiful piece of cake for us wishing him a happy birthday! Nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
JosiahSandton, General Manager at InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2015

Dear fab1715, we were honoured that your husband spent his birthday with us and I am very pleased that you both had a great stay plus enjoyed the location and nearby Mall.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

When coming to Joburg, you often have a long night flight so to make it easier you book a car service to your hotel. The driver wasn't hear so I called the hotel. First call on hold for 10 minutes. 2 call they can't transfer me to the concierge or car service. 3rd call I finally get someone that wants to take my phone and call me back with some more info. After an hour of waiting I took a taxi to the hotel.
While checking out, the laundry was charged twice on my bill. I asked and it was directly removed. However, I also noticed that the price of the room was higher than in my reservation. I showed them the confirmation email, they then asked me to send them the mail as the reservation service didn't believe us over the phone, and they told us to wait, and wait again. After 45 minutes, I had the manager over the phone and told him that I had business meetings and was already late and that business hotels should have fast check out process he agreed to come up to the club floor reception. Total check out process of 60 minutes and 2 mistakes on the bill, both in favor of the hotel. I don't think this is a honest way to improve the hotel's profitability.
Another weakness: Only 3 devices are allowed to have free internet.
Some good points of the hotel:
Hotel Location is Nice. Next to a mall with everything, and to Nelson Mandela Square and its nice restaurants.
IHG Status recognized. Early check-in available.
Lounge small but quite nice and I could do business discussions during the day and relax and dine at the end of the day. Breakfast is nice as well. Nice music at the end of the afternoon.
To summarize, I'll keep recommending this hotel but don't book a car service (which is BTW much more expensive than a taxi or an Uber), double check your invoice, and pray that their system isn't down. (my sister couldn't get her room for 30 minutes when arriving because the system was down)

Room Tip: Go for a club floor room
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank csacy

Dear csacy, please accept my sincere apologies that you had a less than pleasant stay with us, starting with the airport transfer plus the mistakes on the bill and delay on check-out whilst sorting this out. However, I do trust that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in order for you to experience our usual 5* standard of service.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

This is probably the best welcome (thanks Sabrina and Ricardo!) I have ever received from a hotel and I am a global traveller. I had a beverage of my choice (a cup of delicious hot tea) poured out whilst I was taken through the most attentive and efficient check-in process. The rooms are 5 star. A warm, high-class welcome to South Africa!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear TheMusiks, I am delighted the staff offered you a great welcome and that you had a great stay with us. I do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.