Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$64
getaroom.comUS$76
TripadvisorUS$64
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. We were attending an international convention of Jehovah's Witnesses at the FNB stadium. Many delegates from around the world were staying at this hotel, so they were very busy. Despite the number of guests the hotel staff treated us with kindness and always served us with a smile. They cooperated fully with our organisers and made every guest feel welcomed. The staff were excellent. Would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill B
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2019

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you had a great stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 16 June 2019

I've been in and out of City lodge for the past 4 years, at least 1 month of the year and must say I love this hotel. The rooms are cozy- don't need anything more, the breakfast is excellent, but most of all are the people. The service is exceptional, at arrival the front desk staff is the best in the business, consistent throughout my visits for 3 years. The bar and restaurant staff is very friendly and always looking to make sure you are looked after. I highly recommend this hotel, it is the only place I will stop over if i'm in the Sandton/ Rosebank area.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive such great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2019

I stay here quite often. It's improved a lot over the years, is convenient, good value and generally works well. The front desk staff are great - friendly and helpful. But during the day the staff in the #Cafe lobby restaurant is non-existent. There is simply nobody managing #Cafe, and the staff hang out in the kitchen rather than wait tables.
Because of the hotel location, you are forced to use their restaurant as there is nothing in walking distance. The food isn't great (it seems to be mainly Woolworths ready-meals), but it's good value. At night the service is fine, but during the day the staff can not be bothered. I have on several occasions in the past regretted sitting down in #Cafe in the expectation of a quick bite, only to endure endless frustrations trying to get service.
On my stay last week I sat in the restaurant for 20 minutes before someone responded to my waving hands and asked if she could help. I said I'd like to order something to eat, could I see a menu. She walked off, never to return. Note that there was only one other person in the restaurant area - it's not that they were busy. No staff were visible at all, but there was plenty of loud conversation in the kitchen.
After 20 more minutes I got up and went to the kitchen and said I want to order, show me a menu. I was now running out of time, so ordered a toasted cheese sandwich, thinking it would be quick. Half an hour later it had still not arrived, despite my repeat visit to the kitchen. I was told to be patient, it's coming. 10 minutes later (one hour and 10 minutes after sitting down) it arrived and I asked immediately for the bill as I was now late. It didn't come.
The lady suddenly decided she was going to pay attention to six people who had just walked in. She took her time over giving them menus and taking their order, delivering their drinks and conspicuously ignoring me. When the bill came (R90) I gave her R100, determined not to tip her. She went off to get change. Five minutes later she was back saying there was no change available... I may stay at the City Lodge again, but I won't be eating there.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

We apologise to hear of this service you received and will be looking into it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2019

Overall it was a good Hotel but not great. We did like the staff who were very helpful with restaurant ideas. They also helped us with the City Lodge at the airport. Our hotel was a little inconvenient since there is not elevators so doing luggage was hard. The room was small and not special.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for the constructive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2019

We stayed at City Lodge Sandton Morningside as we had an appointment at the Morningside Clinic, and the Hotel is very conveniently positioned opposite the main gate to the Clinic within walking distance. As usual, with all the City Lodges that we often stay at, everything was exactly to our expectations, and all staff were very pleasant and helpful. We will continue using the City Lodges around South Africa as they suit our needs perfectly.

Date of stay: February 2019
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Sandton Morningside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive such a great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.