Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/08/07
TravelocityUS$47
CheapTicketsUS$47
Orbitz.comUS$47
All reviews coffee machine modern hotel robot upmarket guests gautrain floor reception
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021

Poor information provided by reception staff on check-in.
No Phones provided inside the rooms, need to use the inhouse app to communicate with reception/housekeeping/Room service etc.... But the App does not work!
"We're sorry that no one told you our app is not currently working when you checked in"
Secure VPN Connections are blocked by the hotel HSIA System, this is an absolute necessity for many business travelers.
I had to go to reception 3 times:
1st time to request the password for the wi-fi that was not provided upon check-in
2nd time to request an update from their IT team that was supposed to pop by the room, but did not show as well as to inquire as to the App not working, which was meat by above response from reception team member.
3rd time to let them know that I would not be staying the full period (3 days) and would in fact check out the next morning - as there is no other way to communicate with the hotel team.

The advertised "Technology" is non-existent or non-working, great so there is still the 1 robot in the reception area....

Not recommended for any business traveler, or any other kind of traveler.

Room tip: Any room not located in this hotel, best to try another hotel
Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

One of THE BEST stays we have had in Sandton of late. Firstly, on arrival, you will be pleased a covered parkade with state-of-the-art security, and plenty of space for your car. Then you work your way towards a stunningly designed reception on ground level WITH SELF SERVICE CHECK-IN or a more traditional check-in at the counter if you prefer. I you do self service check-in, I highly recommend taking two access cards. One for you to access the room and another for the electricity in the room....

Some of my favorite highlights:

-I absolutely LOVED the wallpapers in the hallways
-Loved the LED strip lighting and Wallpaper headrest in my room
-I loved the Jacobs cappuccino available in the passage to all guests.

The only bad lowlights:

-The bathroom sink situated in the main doorway is very poor design and is very out of place.
-The walls are very very thin and our neighboring guests annoyed us all night long by opening and closing stuff.
-There are no plates, no knifes and forks,only two drinking glasses.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank Pierre v
Reviewed 20 March 2021

This is upmarket new hotel is ideally situated in the prime Sandton area within close proximity to malls, shopping and business centres.

The hotel is extremely colourful and beautifully decorated.

The room is very modern, neat and trendy.

The cuisine is superb with great fine dining and the service was excellent.

Fantastic outdoor and indoor venues to host events, special occasions and corporate & leisure functions.

Great entertainment with a lovely heated pool, outdoor bar and relaxing lounge area.

A unique feature to the hotel is the robot which will be able to conduct room service to in-house guests.

An extremely innovative and trendy hotel which comes highly recommended to all travellers to experience.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nalsin
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

Words will never suffice in describing the excellent, exquisite, mindblowingly awesome experience we had during our Valentines Day, overnight stay at Hotel Sky From the delicious fine dining menu to the incredible service from managers and servers, we were pampered and wowed, making sure had the most memorable evening❤ The superb decor makes you feel like you have stepped into a luxurious palace, whilst the impeccable service makes you feel like royalty! The heated pool was tons of fun, the coffee machines on every floor foe your convenience, AI Robots stationed for your entertainment, happy staff who clearly enjoy working there and Managers who bend over backward to make you feel at home. We loved every second and hated leaving this beautiful paradise...what a gem❤ Thank you to Chef Dimple, Karina, Richard and Mike Masilela alongside their stunning staff for filling my heart with pride, knowing that we have such down to Earth people in our midst. South Africa should be proud of what you have done, are doing and will continue to do. May the rest of your journey as a team in Hotel Sky, continue to be filled with abundance, love, joy and tremendous success! From an extremely happy customer...Arthie Moore

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021

I checked it online but the system said my room was not ready. Went to reception and it was infact ready. Welcome drinks cater only for alcoholics. How about realising that not all guests at hotel sky drink alcohol. There should be a 24 hour ice dispenser available to guests as once the restaurany closes you cant get ice. I received 20 sms's today from 7am to 3pm asking me to check out..didnt like that at all. I doubt i would want to stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2021