The Capital Moloko
US$159
US$105
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Glenalmond Hotel Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$155
US$145
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewscamelot spabustling cityseparate toiletbathroom floorshuttle servicebusiness conferencenice gardentwo night staylovely roommandela squareboutique hotelconference facilitiesclean roomsworld classroom serviceeasy accessapartment
Reviewed 11 January 2015

One of the worst spa experiences!
Husband and I booked a spa day as a treat.
A massage each. A facial for me and chest wax for him.
Upon arrival and after booking a week ahead we were greeted with confusion as to what our services were as if it was not discussed on booking.
Eventually we were sent to change and to massage room together were we proceeded to wait 15mins more ( it stated very clearly on the salon wall that we should be early so as not to have our experience shortened.)
Massages were eventually started which were lovely and then cut 10mins short.
I then waited for my facial( yet again 15mins) and my husband was taken to a waxing room.
My facial took 40mins. Not too bad.
My husbands wax however took an hour and 20mins for just his upper chest area as the beautician claimed to have run out of spatulas and could therefore not finish.
1 hour 20mins for such a small area!?
And to make it worse she burnt his chest area with the hot wax and lifted some of his skin here!
We changed and proceeded to pay and leave after some time as yet again no one was available to see us out at the front desk.
I will never be back and am sorely disappointed that this is the type of service a supposed Camelot trained beautician and salon and a 5star rated hotel offers it's guests!
And I highly recommend cleaning your bathrooms sometime too.
Hair extensions in basin and tissues around sink area are not what I expected of such a hotel/ spa.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2015

We got accommodation here at very short notice. The receptionist was very friendly and the rates was good.

it was quite place in a very busy area.

The courtyard is great and the frogs was very vocal all night.

Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Werner P
TheCapitalSA, Deputy General Manager at The Capital Moloko, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Dear "Werner P"

Thank you for your positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is of paramount importance for the Moloko Team to provide a high level of service and product to our guests and your feedback motivates us to continue to exceed your expectations.

We are passionate about our beautiful hotel and it was our honour to host you at Moloko.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Moloko in the near future as our regular guest.

Kind regards,

Burnedette Jordaan
Deputy General Manage

Reviewed 29 October 2014

I really enjoyed my stay more importantly since I was not on holiday but working, the internet was super, it enabled me to do my work uninterrupted. The room was awesome; I could take a break and go on the balcony with nice / refreshing view of a beautiful garden. Thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank judiths235
Reviewed 22 August 2014

such a beautiful surrounding. classy spacious rooms, great service, environmetally friendly. such a treat. friendliest service that i encountered in a long time. will recommend to any type of trip. the camelot spa is definately a bonus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rizwana W
Marc W, General Manager at The Capital Moloko, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Rizwana,

Kind regards,

Christine Liebenberg

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Dear Moloko Team,

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

The service received from arrival until departure was absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for arranging a REALLY nice and comfortably room, where we could just relax throughout our stay.

Dinner was nice and Stephen's service was fantastic. Breakfast was very tasty!

A BIG thank you to Raymond who escorted us from our room to the dining hall, Stephen who served us during dinner, Sylvia who assisted us at the Front Desk and Benzy who was just everywhere for anything at all times. You guys are a great team!!

I will definitely be recommending Moloko in future.

Kind Regards
Nadia

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nadia J
Marc W, General Manager at The Capital Moloko, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Nadia,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Moloko in the near future.

Warmest regards,