Park Inn Sandton
US$187
US$256
US$169
Agoda.com
Glenalmond Hotel Sandton(Sandton)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$68
Priceline
All reviewshourly shuttleevery hourstandard roomnelson mandela squaregautrain stationfree shuttle servicemodern hotelbreakfast buffet isthe hotel offersbusiness stayenjoyed my stayjohannesburgmall
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for one night and enjoyed a nice breakfast and the small gym in the morning (also staff is nice).

The hotel offers also a free shuttle to the Gautrain station from which you get to the airport within 15 minutes.

A big minus for me were the hygiene standards: In my room, there were spots on the carpet and on the bed linen (especially unpleasant). Also, shower/bathroom was not as clean as I would expect it to be (soap and shower gel dispensers were also empty). Because of this, I'd chose another hotel next time (although the rest was fine).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
RSohunS, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thank you for reviewing our property and for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The team does work hard at ensuring that your experience with us is made memorable. We will review your comments and work hard to ensure that all is to your expectations on your future stays.

Rekha Sohun

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Check in was smooth and quickly staff was friendly and awesome, my room was neat and smelling nice I enjoyed my visit with my family I will definitely come back and recommend it to my friends and colleagues,

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had a great stay !

Take care and see you soon :)

Reviewed 4 January 2017

My Wife, and 1 and half year old daughter and I had a brief 2 night stay at The Park Inn Sandton, On our way to Suncity, Entertainment, food, service and staff were very good, especially considering the Hotel was super Busy.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
RSohunS, General Manager at Park Inn Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Thank you for reviewing our property and sharing your feedback. We are pleased you had a wonderful time and that the team served you with a YES I CAN attitude.

We look forward to your return.

Regards

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We were scheduled to stay at Park Inn for 2 weeks - we left early. I can confirm all similar issues experienced by others also happened to us during our stay December 2016 to early January. We waited at least 30 hours for towels that we requested at least 5 times. We had none and could not shower at all. No such thing as rubber mats on the ceramic tile shower floor .. so had to get creative and use a towel. We complained on checkin that our AC sounded like an old army tank - ta-ta-ta-ta-ta all night long -- blew 'cool' at best -- finally had maintenance appear 2 days later with a fan. Then requested room upgrade - front desk were to call back - they never called back and then i learned the Junior Suite we were designated for was taken by the Owner (guess his needs come before ours). Then requested possibility to move to Radisson Blue Gautrain hotel and get credit - even at that, front desk could not confirm refund would be made available, they were to call back .. never did.. We had to wait upon checkin for our 'room to be cleaned' even though we had given advance notice of an early check-in .. apparently this is common practice as we learned from other guests. I flew for almost 24 hours straight .. all i wanted was a bed .. was not to be. When you try to call for assistance, phones ring endlessly and are never picked up, which just adds to the frustration. Staff are clearly not TRUTHFUL in what they advise you and they either willingly know it or they are completely stupid and lack customer focus - they just want to pass the buck to the next person. Mr. GM, not sure about you .. you have to do a complete TRANSFORMATION of the attitude and service in this hotel. Long hair found in bathroom upon checkin - no one cleans the floors in the bathroom or shower (only happened 2x and it was bleach from a spray bottle .. what ever happened to the good old mop and bucket??). On the 4th day our room finally got vacuumed only because i made a MESS eating a croissant .. and wiped it to the carpet .. otherwise, vacuuming is picking up what is visible on the carpet!!! Multiple requests for multiple bottles of water as we like to drink alot of water - we were either ignored or received 1 bottle at best. The 'only' part which worked for us was room service which we used heavily within normal day hours - pretty okay food and pretty good service. When we went down our first day to the buffet breakfast, it's like a gong show ... very disorganized and does not flow in any kind of logical manner so everyone clammers with each other to get the food you want. Yea coffee from a machine - really? Gave details of our flight arrangements so that we could arrange for taxi pick up from the airport ... advised hotel 'pick us up 9 or 930am local time' .. no one to be seen upon arrival. Was assured that 'Event' would make necessary arrangements to pick us up and later learned someone from the hotel had been at the airport 2 hours waiting for us and then left .. clearly they did not follow my instructions because had they, we would have found each other. So we had to go to the tourism office at the airport for help/assistance/ride to the hotel. Beware, no wi-fi at the airport so take all necessary information with you. No toiletries available .. lotion only; soap in shower and at bathroom sink empty. Wi-fi at the hotel .. not even average .. 'fair' signal most of the time. For those who pay for breaky .. i would not pay the 160 RAND they ask .. not worth it.

Room Tip: dont stay here - PERIOID
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boobooandme1111

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with service as well as the accommodations of your room.

We will review the conditions of your room with our housekeeping staff ; as well as service in general so as to ensure all guest rooms and service levels; as well as staff attitudes are up to Park Inn by Radisson standards.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

The staff were attentive, friendly, and the overall environment and vibe was fantastic. I would definitely return and recommend it to my friends and family. It will be my go to for an inner city stay in Jozi.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for letting us know we are your preferred choice of destination.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards