Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$94
Hotels.comUS$94
PricelineUS$94
Agoda.comUS$94
eDreamsUS$94
ZenHotels.comUS$115
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

Great place for conducting business interviews. Not only does it provide a professional look and feel but the service is of the highest standard. Great and amazing views with quality furniture to impress. Best burger I have had in Johannesburg so far(Hyde Park Burger - Medium). Nice little hidden gem.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Bernie Hilario, General Manager at Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Dear Mr Barkley,

I appreciate your positive feedback about the Southern Sun Hyde Park Hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

Enjoyed my visit here. Very nice tea and coffee. Sunday tea is lekker and very enjoyable. So much cake and the pool is great as well. Can hear the animals roar at the zoo. Gets a guy a great feeling. Great

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Fkoeks93
Bernie Hilario, General Manager at Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2021

Dear Mr Fkoeks93,

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Southern Sun Hyde Park Hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel

Reviewed 23 February 2021

i used Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton for a holiday Johannesburg, it was not a good stay due to the following reason.

the bed was too old and uncomfortable

dinner not good, the menu was limiting

breakfast was so bad, they can blame it on covid, but it looked like they just dont want to spent the money they get from customers

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank seriti0
Bernie Hilario, General Manager at Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Dear Seriti0,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations.
Please note that your concerns have been passed to the relevant management and they have provided you with feedback via email.
We hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

I booked this hotel as I needed to be in the Hyde Park area for meetings. I am really happy I did. I found it better than many MUCH more expensive hotels that I have stayed at.

From the massive warm welcome I received on arrival at the front door and front desk, to the friendly staff at breakfast. It was all fantastic. If only other hotels would realise that the friendliness of staff on arrival can set the tone for the entire stay.

I booked a superior room which was on the third floor facing Sandton. The room was adequate, clean and everything worked (including a great shower). The WiFi was simple to connect to, and worked straight away!

The breakfast was great too.

I will stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Pikkewynct
Bernie Hilario, General Manager at Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear Pikkewynct,

I appreciate your positive feedback about the Southern Sun Hyde Park hotel.We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2020

Pleasant location,highly professional and efficient staff thoughout my stay. However, when you make a booking, I advise you to request a room that faces the street rather than the inner courtyard. This is where the air-conditioning of the adjacent shopping mall is located. Although I was on the 3rd floor, I could hear the noise. Other than that, I have no complaint. The rooms are spacious, modern, clean. Towels and sheets changed regularly. Staff is friendly and efficient.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Dear Vcalom,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointment to hear about the mall air-conditioning. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to mall management. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.