DaVinci Hotel and Suites
US$158
US$133
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnelson mandela squareshopping mallglass doorlarge mallexcellent hoteldirect accessmodern hotelnespresso machinestar hotellate checkoutthe air conditioningturn down servicerooms are largebreakfast buffetsouth africapool deckmini bar
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in December. Sandton is a safe neighbourhood. You never have to walk on the streets - everything is connected through the mall. The restaurants are at Nelson Mandela square. Very convenient location. The only issue we had was that we booked (and paid for) one of their balcony / patio rooms but were given their normal executive rooms instead. When we called to check, the only answer was - “yes, sorry but it isn’t available”. We mentioned this to the front desk manager while we were checking out, she was really apologetic and gave us a 50% discount on our airport transfer. I’d still recommend DaVinci for the location and the clean and large rooms. Probably best to call them before checking in to confirm your room preference.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Anoushka_b6,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and I would like to sincerely apologize for the fact that you did not receive a balcony room as per your reservation. I can assure you that this is not our usual service standard and the Front Office Manager will be investigating this matter further so that the necessary corrective action can be taken to ensure similar situations do not happen in future.

I am very glad to hear that, despite the problem with your room, you had a wondeful stay with us and should there be anything that we can assist with in future, please feel free to contact me.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

What an excellent way to bring in the new year! Hotel is on the Mall, near Mandela Square. The mall has become expansive so ask hotel for floor plan. It is easy to loose your way or a shop you want to return to. Basically there are two rectangular corridors with off shoots. Hotel is top class. pool would be nicer if it was heated, by I acclimated myself to the temperature in a minute or two. Maximillien restaurant hhas great old style atmosphere, but wife didn't like fish. I don't know if my pork belly was really belly or not. Alot of meat for a belly, but enjoyable none the less. Great experience. Loved the location. Quick ride on train (isitimela) from airport. ( Roses in room needed water in vase, we saved its life)

Room Tip: We were on terrace. a good choice.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear James T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your New Year's experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate all feedback from our valued guests and it was wonderful to share the countdown to 2018 with yourself and your wife.

I would like to thank you for adding water to the vase, something that should have been done by Housekeepeing. The Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of this and will be investigating this matter further so that the necessary corrective action can be taken. Your feedback regarding the food will also be shared with the Executive Chef.

May you have a wonderful day further and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI with smiles.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I visited Dec29 with friends who were in town for a concert. From pick up at the train station I was impressed with the service.

Martha (manager) checked me in and was above and beyond. She gave great tips to a first time visitor. Shes an asset to the establishment. The hotel is beautiful, just as pictured. My room exceeded expectations. Breakfast was excellent and again service was exemplary. "Shorty" recommended the chefs special and it was delicious.
Grant in guest relations also deserves special mention as he helped my concerned hubby organise my welcome gift.

A GREAT stay was almost affected by an incident but the hotel handled it so promptly and beautifully all was resolved. Great job, guys. Keep it up!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
RuiAntunes, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear CamBja,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback and your comments will definitely be shared with all, and in particular with Martha, Shorty and Grant.

May you have a wonderful day further and we look forward to welcoming you back with smiles in the near future.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

It really should be 5 stars, but the hotel misses on the details. The hotel is beautiful, the room is superb, location amazing. But it's all those little details that let the hotel down. I've been to Sandton dozens of times and having travelled through the night all other hotels manage to sort out an "early" checkin. The hotel couldnt do it at 12.30pm. In the room, light comes thru the curtains early so by 7am . Breakfast is kind of basic for such a top hotel (though the crepes are a fantastic touch!). One day the yoghurt was off. I had a massage in the wonferful spa ... the bed was duper uncomfortable amd the towels they put down were dirty.
Such a shame. The hotel should be a knockout 5 stars ... it has all the ingredients.... just the small details seperate it from the better hotels.
Having said all of that, I do intend to give it another go ... maybe the details will get more attention!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel K
Rui_Antunes1, Deputy General Manager at DaVinci Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Daniel K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our guest questionnaire. We appreciate all feedback from our valued guests.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused as you could not check in when you arrived. We do our utmost best to assist guests with early arrivals, but this is unfortunately not always possible due to high occupancies. Should you know that you will be arriving early and would like to confirm that you will have a room available, you are welcome to book the room from the night before

Our Spa Manager has been made aware of your comment regarding dirty, the matter will be investigate and the necessary corrective action will be taken to the party concern.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the DAVINCI in the near future.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Good location in the heart of city easy access to a Big mall - breakfast was good but not too much options -room cleaning was fascinating - poolside beverage with Jazz music was soothing and relaxing .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mojtaba E,

We appreciate all feedback from our esteemed guests

I am very glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient to all of your needs and that you found are staff to be friendly. Your kind comments will be shared amongst all.
We look forward to welcoming you back with bright smiles to the DAVINCI in the near future.