All reviews home away from home luxury guest house excellent breakfast quiet street sandton city beautiful garden breakfast room comfortable rooms south africa wonderful stay an oasis business trip chantal guesthouse joburg accommodation taxis
Reviewed 11 July 2018

My family and I spent a memorable week at Claires of Sandton. The reception from Zodwa, Lesley and the rest of the staff was excellent. They really made us feel welcome and appreciated. The general layout of the guesthouse, the rooms, upkeep and setting of the whole place really suited our stay as a family. The breakfast was excellent and all the staff went out of their way to ensure that we were well catered for. Thank you very much. Looking forward to our next stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Your family was an absolute delight, we enjoyed every minute of hosting you at Claire's from the wonderful chat with yourself and children to making sure everyone was well looked after. We aim for the highest standard of cleanliness for our rooms, so we are glad we lived up to that standard for you.
We loved seeing your little children's smiling faces in the morning, best way to start a day :)

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

A beautiful peaceful place to stay. Safe. Staff were so helpful and went out of their way to help. Great service.Fantastic breakfast. Very comfortable. Beautiful bird life to look at when eating breakfast. Would happily return. Location good. You need to get taxis to most places. They are not expensive. Uber taxis good.

Room tip: I think all rooms good
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

We are so glad we could make your stay so amazing, we will be sure to pass your wonderful review onto the staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I recently spent 16 days staying at Claires. The location is very conveniently located and provides easy access to Sandton, Rosebank and surrounds. I also felt safe at all times as the guesthouse is located in Parkwood, which has boomed security controlled access. The room was great, the amenities fantastic and Claire, Lesley, Zodwa, Creighton and all the other staff made me feel very welcome and looked after me very well - from cooked breakfasts based on my preferences, to laundry, to lists of all restaurants in the surrounding areas (based on cuisine and style - formal, relaxed, family etc). The garden is immaculate and provided a peaceful setting in which to unwind and enjoy the beautiful evenings. I would have no hesitation in recommending Claires and I know where I will be staying when I next return to Johannesburg.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful review we are so glad that we could make your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.
It was an absolute special treat to make your distinctive breakfasts each morning. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I stayed at Claires of Sandton for one week and had no complaints whats so ever. The rooms are very comfortable, breakfast was awesome and I received fantastic hospitality from all the staff there. Would definitely stay there again and again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

It was an absolute special treat to make your distinctive breakfasts each morning. We loved having you stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Claire’s of Sandton was a safe, relaxing and peaceful place to stay. The landscape was beautifully arranged. The pool seems like a nice place to relax on a hot day. The breakfast was 5 star - a great variety including fruit, cereal, yogurt, and scrambled eggs on an English muffin.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Claire B, Owner at Claires of Sandton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we hope to see you again in summer! Looking forward to welcoming you back.