Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Luv2Travel

A little vanilla - but what you’d expect

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Apr 2024
The SouthernSun is what you’d expect from a hotel that caters to business travelers.

Room is comfortable - modern and up to date. Everything was clean. Staff is friendly. Restaurant was good.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: We enjoyed drinks at the SkyBar.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • ZenHotels.com
    R 2 240
5.6 km from Southern Sun Sandton
Free parking
Relax poolside after a long day!
R 1 436
    R 984
  • Algotels
0.7 km from Southern Sun Sandton
View more hotels in Sandton
All reviews holiday inn rooftop pool johannesburg mall shuttle uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2024 via mobile

I arrived 3 hours after check in time and my room "wasn't ready". In fact they had entirely missed my booking. Lemohang asked me to wait citing trying to get me an upgrade as an excuse. All the time my expectations were not managed and nobody was honest with me.

From the door to my room, not a single staff member offered to help with my large suitcase or offer to store it while I tried to find a place to wait for answers.

I waited for an hour. Eventually I ended up in a dingy disabled room with an uncomfortable itchy bed and a weird bathroom. This was obviously not the room I had booked. The bedding was dusty and the room run down.

The aircon wasn't working so I boiled in the room and it took two tries before they could get my key to work. The room door wouldn't lock! The shower was full of equipment and I barely had room to move. It also flooded easily being made for a wheelchair.

The only positive was the breakfast and room service experience. Especially the tall man on the egg station and the gentleman who seemed to be the breakfast manager.

While I did manage to get them to give me a late check out, I will never stay here again.

I've never felt so disrespected as a guest. A horrible stain on Southern Sun.

Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed 5 April 2024

Don't stay here. No air con. They will try to convince you it's an unusual occurrence but all 7 rooms our group stayed in didn't have working air con. Front desk doesn't answer the phone and were rude in person. Food was mediocre at best. Again, very hot with no air con, don't waste your money.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2024

i may as well sleep on the floor the bed is so bad. the aircon doesn't work - and this is the second room. the first was just as bad. awful hotel meals and price wise its no value for money at all. i had to book this last minute, and i should have found somethng better

Date of stay: March 2024
Reviewed 17 February 2024

The aircon didn’t work and my room felt like a sauna box. I struggled to sleep through the night. If you like the heat, then you shouldn’t have any problems. According to certain staff, the hotel is well aware that the AIRCON’s in certain rooms don’t work. In all fairness, the receptionist should inform its guest of aircon issues when checking in or making a booking.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2024 via mobile

Centrally located hotel in Sandton near all major amenities and shopping centres. Comfortable room with good value for money. Staff is courteous but the Eclipse restaurant is under-staffed and struggle to serve guests even though it’s only at about 60% capacity. It takes time to get your order and tables are not cleared

Room tip: Parking bays are in the basement and is tricky with a poor layout
Date of stay: January 2024